Passenger Bill of Rights

Show More...

Debarkation - After Your Cruise

Preparing to Go Home

Damaged or Lost Luggage

Lost & Found (Missing Items)

Show More...

THE STEAKHOUSE

With an elegant, but fun-filled, relaxed and somewhat casual atmosphere and a menu that includes steakhouse favorites, the Steakhouse is guaranteed to be a favorite dining spot. Guests can take in the atmosphere and enjoy the amazing culinary creations of our chefs. Reservations are recommended.

The Steakhouse is an alternative to eating in the Main Dining Room or the Lido Restaurant, open daily, 6:00pm-9:30pm.

There is a nominal fee of $35 USD per person (including children*). The fee includes a starter, salad, entrée, dessert and the wait staffs’ gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water.

* For children 12 and under, a kid's menu is available, upon request; when ordering from this menu, the fee is $10 USD.

The dress code follows the dress code specified for that evening on board; if the evening is specified as Cruise Casual, shorts are not permitted.

The Steakhouse menu

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

It is very much like going to someplace a bit more upscale to eat. Very good food and service. We were on Sunshine last September and loved the Steakhouse. Be prepared for 2 to 2 1/2 hours to eat and go hungry.

yes they are. But you have to wear pants over them

Someone after my heart! I also purchase the brand "Smartypants".:D And sometimes you can get away with the shorts if you are vertically challenged and they look like pants on you.

Thank you. I was wondering if they adhere to the rule or if they allow it once you are there

I've actually read reviews where they sent people (mostly men) back to their cabin to put long pants on.......

Sounds like this is ONE rule they actually enforce.....:D

There is a nominal fee of $35 USD per person (including children*). The fee includes a starter, salad, entrée, dessert and the wait staffs’ gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water.

Does anyone know if you pay extra for the sides? I was browsing then menu and wondered if those were an additional fee?

Edited by VacationLuv008

Sides are included or at least they were in March of 2015 when we went on freedom. Definitely worth the $35 fee but make sure you go hungry because it was a lot of food for us but we forced ourselves to keep eating because it just kept getting better and better going towards dessert [emoji39]

Sides are included......

If I am not mistaken, you can get multiple apps and sides, but just one main course, without having to pay extra.

Enjoy!

We LOVED the steakhouse on the Breeze!!!

Probably one of the best steaks I ever had.....:D

Sides are included......

If I am not mistaken, you can get multiple apps and sides, but just one main course, without having to pay extra.

Enjoy!

We LOVED the steakhouse on the Breeze!!!

Probably one of the best steaks I ever had.....:D

So glad to hear! I'm an app/side person myself. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but I'm not one for steak or seafood (fiance is, which is why I'm going)

I've actually read reviews where they sent people (mostly men) back to their cabin to put long pants on.......

Sounds like this is ONE rule they actually enforce.....:D

We were on the Sunshine May 21st 2016. I did not take any long "dress" pants with me, we had reservations for the 2nd night of the cruise.... I called and explained this and was told that ON the "Elegant" night jeans or shorts are not allowed (and only on those nights)... BUT if I(we) was willing to eat at/in the "bar" area it would be no problem. We showed up at 7pm and were seated right to the left of the entrance, in the bar area. Would not have known it existed if not for that, but we had a great meal and wonderful server(s).

We enjoyed it so much that we returned another 2 nights, were seated in the main dining room area, WITH shorts on both nights.

I overheard many men coming in for dinner the "elegant" night (we were right near the door) and if you had on shorts/jeans you were turned away, well you were requested to go back and put on "dress pants". A couple stated they did not have the required pants and were quietly offered the same deal I got. The area could hold about 3-4 couples and was full when we left.

I also heard that the requirement for dress pants had been recently changed to elegant night(s) only... about the same time as the "kids" menu and price came out.

I do not know about any other ship and this was about a month ago...

When we went on the Glory, we had reservations for the first night. We actually left our cabin for drinks before dinner prior to our luggage arriving. They sent my husband and son back to the cabin to see if the luggage had arrived. They said if not, they would reschedule our reservations for another night. They definately weren't seating them in shorts.

PS - they were dress shorts and not athletic or jean shorts.

Edited by naz022292

2 guys across from us in the MDR on Elegant night were definitely asked to go change. IMHO it is rude to show up at the Steakhouse or MDR on elegant nights in shorts.

On one cruise on the first night our table mate showed up in a tank top. We asked the Maitre'd to change our table. Ran into them the next day and he was very insulted. I said so was I.

MUST WEAR LONG PANTS.. Last October one of the men in our group was sent back to put them on..

Not even on the first day when you may not have gotten your luggage yet.

Except for "Elegant" night the answer is YES to dress shorts in the Steakhouse on the Sunshine.... not sure about any other ship but a month ago I did it 2 nights, no problem.... AGAIN this was a a month ago on the Sunshine, no other ship. May 23rd and 25th to be exact...