Dzibalchaltun cenote???

We have been to Dzib in the past and enjoyed the cenote at the end of the tour. I read somewhere that the cenote was closed to the public for a while. Has anyone been there recently and was the cenote open?

I just read a trip report posted June 26th and she mentions swimming in the cenote, so it seems like it's still open to the public.

• 10 months later...

Cenote Xlacah at Dzibilchaltun is a surface Cenote (similar to a pond) and, as such, is exposed to the natural elements of the weather. In the rainy season the Cenote may not be as clear and beautiful as the rest of the year.

I've been to Progreso several times. I have visited Dzibilchaltun and I have gone on other shore excursions.

If you are looking for cavern Cenotes that are always crystal clear and not subject to the natural elements, may I recommend going on an excursion with YucatanCenote.com Eco-Aventuras. The Cenotes that they take you to are perfect, year round. . and they will do a pyramid/cenote combo tour too.

• 6 months later...

We got back to the port with time to spare, so was able to do a little shopping too.

They have great TripAdvisor reviews from other cruisers, so they got back!

Local companies depend on cruise guests and it is imperative to get their clients back.

• 1 month later...

We were there this past Tuesday, 1/9/18 and went to Dzibalchaltun and swam in the cenote. We got off the ship too late to go to the cave cenotes, but we really enjoyed our day here. The cenote was clear. We even had time to go to the café, order tamales (not what we have back home) and grab a couple of beers. We felt it was a great day. We took the free shuttle and booked with Auto Progreso at the end of the pier when we got off the shuttle.