How many of you have sailed the same ship twice?

syndyj

And did you do the same itineary or a different one? Right now I am getting an excellent deal on airfare to Puerto Rico and I am tempted to do the Adventure of the Seas Aruba route. We did the Barbados route last year and really loved the ship, but I am thinking it might be more of the same ON the ship.Do the shows change every year or will it be the same songs, dances and ice shows?

I think they change the general shows (at least the headliners) once in a while. Even if you cruise on a different ship, you might end up seeing the same performer. We saw Bowser from Sha-na-na TWICE in one year- once in January on the Mariner and again in August on the Serenade... We've also seen Roger Behr twice- once on the Explorer and again either on the Mariner or Serenade (can't remember which one now) You never know... I think the ships tend to keep the production shows and ice shows the same for a while... Most of the ones I've seen I wouldn't mind seeing again...

We did the Legend to Panama Canal in 99 and then to Hawaii in 2004. With that much time in between all shows and personel were different.

We did the Enchantment 5 day western Carib last year and just did the repo from Quebec to Ft Lauderdale. First voyage was pre stretch and 2nd was post stretch so we enjoyed the added enhancements. A couple of the production shows were the same, but with a different singing/dancing crew so there were some differences. But the best part was our waiter, asst waiter and head waiter from the first cruise were onboard the second cruise and it was really great to see and talk to them. The asst waiter had our table again and the waiter had the section next to us, so he checked in on us a couple times. The head waiter had been promoted to asst. maitre'd and he heard we were looking for him and he came and saw us 3 times even though we were seated upstairs and he had a section downstairs. It was great!

I've sailed 3x on Sovereign of Seas..2 nights were the RCI performers..same show, I enjoyed it both times :) The other 2 nights were outside entertainment and they were different both times. I like the 4 night that ship offers and each time I go to Nassau I do something different. Also sailed Disney Magic 2x's. If the price is right and I liked the Ship then I am ok with sailing it again. I have tried other lines and ships and like RCI best and what suits my schdule is what I book. Each time I get to do a little more of the activites that I may have missed.

We've repeated the same itinerary multiple times, and repeated ships several times. This January will be our second sailing on Serenade, and 4th on this particular itinerary (once before on Monarch and twice on Radiance). We figure, if we love it, why not do it again? We've seen the same production shows on multiple ships - they do keep them around for a long time, and the same headliners on different ships, as well. If we decide we don't want to see them again on a particular sailing, it frees us up in the evening to do something else.

Something we've found about repeating ports is that we get to do various activities. You're in port such a short time, that you can only see and do so much. So, when we return to a port, we'll frequently go somewhere or do something we didn't have time to do on a previous trip. Or, if there's something we really liked, we can do it again.

We did the Empress of the Seas twice when it was the Nordic Empress and will be going on her again in May out of Philly to Bermuda. Love the ship and staff can't wait. I remember one show being the same it was a 60's type of show Jump, Jive & something but the other entertainers were different.

Debbie

I have been on Monarch of the Seas many times. Most of those times the shows were the same. If I am not interested in seeing the show I will skip it and do something else. It is nice being on a ship you have already been on. You are already familiar with the ship so you don't need that day or to to explore and find your niche. you might also find staff that you have already met.

Something we've found about repeating ports is that we get to do various activities. You're in port such a short time, that you can only see and do so much. So, when we return to a port, we'll frequently go somewhere or do something we didn't have time to do on a previous trip. Or, if there's something we really liked, we can do it again.

I totally agree with you there, even though St. Thomas and St. Maarten are two ports we already visited, I would love to visit St. Johns and Orient Beach which we missed last year.

The very first ship we cruised on, we sailed her 5 times in a row. Cunard Countess. She did the Caribbean with 7 islands in 7 nights. Alternate itineraries for two week cruises.

We also sailed Hawaii on the same ship 2 times with the same itinerary.

We did the Enchantment Eastern and Western for two weeks and did not mind the same type of shows.

We were going to sail the Empress again in 2006. We just sailed her in December and liked the itinerary so much we were going back on her. But, there were no balcony cabins left on the weeks we wanted so we changed to Navigator for two weeks to do the Eastern and Western.

We also have repeated the same ship/itinerary many times. We love it each and every time. We know things we want to "repeat" but it also gives us a chance to do different things that we missed on previous visits.

As far as the shows go, the production shows and ice shows are such an expense that they only change every 5 years (give or take a few months, etc.). But many of them are worth seeing more than once!!!!

With 44 cruises we have certainly repeated both ships and itineraries. In fact we'll be sailing to Alaska next June for the 13th time. I've never gotten to the point of "been there - done that" and have enjoyed each trip. As for repeat entertainers and production shows, yes that's happened. And we have seen the same production show on more than one ship.

Agree 100% with the above posts. As you can see from my sailings below, have sailed same ship and ports many, many times. Even same ship, same year, even within one month. You'll have a great time.

Dave

We've done the Explorer of the Seas twice in the fall to the Eastern Caribbean...just got back three weeks ago. Each cruise felt like a totally different experience. We did something different at St. Martin, Bahamas and Old San Juan, but repeated our visit to Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas because we knew the snorkeling would be great. I still have a list of things to do in St. Martin for future sailings. I believe most of the shows were different, but not all.

I'm sure I'll do the Explorer again...I just really love this ship...but will be booking this week for Serenade to the Southern Caribbean for May 2006. I could see myself repeating this one as well if I like the ship...already figuring I'm going to love the port-intensive itinerary.

We have done the Rhapsody twice and are scheduled on it again in January. (We were supposed to be on her this Sept. but thanks to Rita, had to postpone) The same ports of call every time. I wouldn't even care if the acts were the same because I love cruising and especially this ship. Unfortunately we discovered cruising rather late in life, so have not done nearly as much as we would like, but have cruised on Princess, NCL, and RCCL.

We've cruised on the Rhapsody of the Seas 10 times and the Grand Princess 2 times in 17 months.

We can't get enough of the Rhapsody...our home away from home. Every cruise on the Rhapsody was the same itinerary, with the exception of 2 cruises which were both to Ocho Rios from Galveston. Can't wait to sail on her again in about 6 weeks.

Fausto

We have sailed the Grandeur 3 times. Twice on the itinerary of Coco Cay, Labadee, San Juan & St Thomas (IMHO the best itinerary RCI has had so of course they dropped it.)

HEAR HEAR!!! That was the most relaxing itinerary ever. That is why I chose it on the Grandeur.

As soon as you find an itinerary you like or a class of ship that is really comfortable for you they go and change things all around. I am having trouble picking a cruise from FL on one of the smaller ships. Don't really want to do the Voyager class and definitely not interested in the Freedom class. If I wanted all that hoopla I would go to Disneyland or Busch Gardens!!!

In Nov of 2002 Panama Canal and then in Jan of 2003 the Dawn Princess, Eastern Caribbean. Headlines were different so were the movies but most of the shows (production) were the same. I talked with one of the women dancers and she told me that shows do change every two years or so as there are contracts to consider and royalties for the show. She also said that if some one gets sick then there will be some changes in tempo or what is put on in the way of songs. This happened on the Dawn when the leading lady came down with a sore throat. They announced that so and so would be doing the lead. The show did change a liitle and two songs were different because the stand in did not know one of the songs and the other required someone with a higher pitched voice. That was the only difference.

Been on the Majesty twice. The only difference between the two itins was a stop in Key West on the 4 day, which we didn't have on the three. The only thing that was the "same" was the cruise director. He was awesome, though. Loved every second. I LOVED going on the same ship twice, I kind of already "knew the ropes".

We have sailed the Grandeur 3 times. Twice on the itinerary of Coco Cay, Labadee, San Juan & St Thomas (IMHO the best itinerary RCI has had so of course they dropped it.)

Where was I when they had this itinerary...I would have been all over it! we prefer the private islands so much more than the ports! Maybe they will include the double dipping on another itinerary!

C

Archived