Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean June 19-26

Was on the same cruise. Not surprised that we did not make it into Coco Cay. We drove through that storm coming to Port C -- the storm was so intense that it was white knuckle time -- and our first night was rough. A friend who was on a Back to Back said that Saturday night was rough coming into Port.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't updated my review in a while. So...here is day 4.

Because we were not able to stop at Coco Cay, we did arrive at St Thomas earlier than planned. We docked and were off the ship by 9 am. We had a snorkel trip that day but not until 1 pm. So we took our family and walked through the shops that are right there at the cruise port. Everyone bought some souvenirs and I got myself a bottle of local rum.

When my wife and I visited St Thomas in March 2015, we took a tour through the cruise line to Turtle Cove at Buck Island. Our tour was with Cool Boats USVI. So, we planned to tour with the same group again.

This is a great organization with great crews who make the trip fun. We set off on a catamaran for Buck Island. The water was a bit choppy but still a fun day. Even my 72 year old father, a former scuba diver, jumped in. I was proud of our nine year old. He too jumped in and snorkeled with us. The highlight were the four young turtles that were at the cove. They swam near us and made for a great experience.

We visited the cove and then proceeded over to the other cove that contains a ship wreck. Lots of fun and I recommend using this group for a tour.

I tried attaching three videos. I hope they work.

When we returned to St Thomas, we had to visit Senor Frogs. So off we set for a yard drink. After some fun at Senor Frogs, we boarded for departure and grabbed a bight to eat in the Windjammer.

A side note on the Windjammer. Many on this site complain about the food. please remember that this is basically a buffet/cafeteria serving hundreds of hungry people. The food was good but nothing to write home about. I was sad that i could not get custom ordered omelettes anymore. The Windjammer is a great place to grab a snack, lunch for the pool deck or even a dinner. Don't complain. As I read from someone else, we are not having to cook or clean. Just eat.

We concluded the day with a show in the theater and dinner. I loved dinner in the MDR. When you have a great waiter, it makes it very fun. And the food was good too. No complaints from our family with the food in the MDR. As long as I got my shrimp cocktails I was happy.

Edited by eric.thiessen29