Goodbye from a non-US member

Corfe Mixture

Along the same line....I struggled for a few years to trying to stop my lawn service stop calling me before they arrive with no luck.

I finally just gave them a fictitious telephone number & it's quiet now. I wonder who's getting my calls. :D

A family member kept on getting phone calls from a company in California on her Skype phone number (it's a local US number) She was in Rome at the time, a 9 hour difference.

I recommenced posting a few weeks ago, but did not make any statement regarding my change of mind as it would have been rather arrogant to assume that others would care if I contribute or not./QUOTE]

That's kind of the problem with the "I'm outta here" threads.

Such is life in the "land of the free".

Although the article mentions that giving your social media ids would be optional, I still have problems with it. Here in America we are asked for non-required information all of the time, most people freely offer it without thinking about it. Last night I went to the store to return a pair of shoes I had purchased the day before. The cashier asked for my email address and phone number. I told her, "no", and insisted that this information had nothing to do with the transaction in question. She replied that it's "policy". I told the clerk that I too have a policy, and it's to not give personal information unless legally required, and if she needs to input a phone number and email address so badly, she could make one up or use her own. :p

When posed this issue by a cashier, I just make up a phone number or email address. The company's policy is to sell this information to marketers. I get enough emails I don't want.