Havana Interior or Cabana or Aft Balcony

LorraineP

Having trouble deciding on cabin. Havana Interior looks so small, Havana Cabana not private but shade, Havana Aft Balcony no privacy people looking down on you and no shade. Called Carnival and agent said interior of ALL these rooms are the same 185 sq. ft. Hard for me to believe after seeing a video of a Havana Interior, it had no couch and was so narrow. Help me decide. Want Havana for no kids under 12, private spa, pool etc until 5:00PM.

Having trouble deciding on cabin. Havana Interior looks so small, Havana Cabana not private but shade, Havana Aft Balcony no privacy people looking down on you and no shade. Called Carnival and agent said interior of ALL these rooms are the same 185 sq. ft. Hard for me to believe after seeing a video of a Havana Interior, it had no couch and was so narrow. Help me decide. Want Havana for no kids under 12, private spa, pool etc until 5:00PM.

We had both a Havana Interior and Cabana for the June 11th cruise.

I liked them both. The Cabana's are far more private than you'd think, at least on the Med cruises (except the speedo that appeared one day on our railing ??). There were rarely people out and about in this area. It's not a "water" kinda room but more like your back yard patio.

The interior does have some noise issues with the evening band. My wife thought it was really loud, yet, fell asleep with the TV on every night. I personally enjoyed the low level bass type beat and it helped me fall asleep (yet still after my wife).

The amount of space in each room was adequate but I don't mind sitting/laying on the bed instead of a couch.

For the money if I were to do it again I'd probably pick the interior. If someone dumped a bunch of money into my bank account, I'd pick the Cabana. You can't go wrong either way IMO.

Edited by fuddrules

I liked them both. The Cabana's are far more private than you'd think, at least on the Med cruises (except the speedo that appeared one day on our railing ??). There were rarely people out and about in this area. It's not a "water" kinda room but more like your back yard patio.

The interior does have some noise issues with the evening band. My wife thought it was really loud, yet, fell asleep with the TV on every night. I personally enjoyed the low level bass type beat and it helped me fall asleep (yet still after my wife).

The amount of space in each room was adequate but I don't mind sitting/laying on the bed instead of a couch.

For the money if I were to do it again I'd probably pick the interior. If someone dumped a bunch of money into my bank account, I'd pick the Cabana. You can't go wrong either way IMO.

What was your interior cabin number?

Thanks for such a quick reply. Were the rooms the same size inside, the only difference was the outside patio? For the inside room was there enough closet space?

Thanks for such a quick reply. Were the rooms the same size inside, the only difference was the outside patio? For the inside room was there enough closet space?

Forgot to ask was there a couch in the Havana Cabana?

Forgot to ask was there a couch in the Havana Cabana?

There normally would be but ours was made into a 3rd bed. My kids nicknamed that 3rd bed, "The Brick". It put a capital F in Firm (just the couch/bed).

Also, the interior had to be smaller. Our Cabana was for 3 and our interior was for 2. The space seems to be similar to other Carnival rooms. Maybe the room layouts are just different as Carnival (go ccl) says both rooms offer 185 sq feet in the room with the Cabana offering an additional 100 sq ft of exterior patio.

Closet space is less than other rooms on Carnival ships. Each room seems to have it's own cooling system which takes up the space of the 3rd closet. We managed just fine with space but for someone who packs and packs, it could be an issue.

On a side note, if you like your room cold, the interior can be an ice box if you want it that way. I'm guessing the cooling system is the same size as the cabana room. With the interior you have no window or exterior wall allowing in heat. Cooling in the Cabana was fine too but just not as quick to cool as the interior.

Edited by fuddrules

Leaning now towards booking the cabana. You mentioned that you had a sofa bed, did all cabana rooms have some kind of couch? Did it seem like more closet space in Havana Cabana? Also did the shower have a curtain or a door? Did luggage bags fit under bed for storage? Sorry for all the questions!

All Cabana's have a couch. The rooms for 3 have the couch converted to a 3rd bed. I'm assuming the Cabana for 4 has the same. IIRC, only 2 closets for the Cabana, same as the interior. Shower curtain and our luggage fit under the bed although on 1 suitcase I had to pick up the foot of the bed a little to get it to fit.

The overall experience was very enjoyable. The Havana area was fairly quiet and relaxing most of the time except on evenings when the band was playing. Then it was very popular and loud (it didn't bother me). You did have to wear the wrist bands to get into the pool area prior to 5 pm.

We also liked the location. Right outside the Havana area is Ocean Plaza, JavaHut, dining room booking for YTD, Red Frog Pub and Pixels. They also had a breakfast buffet in the Ocean Plaza every morning. And not far away on the same deck is Alchemy, Steakhouse, and the Piano & Library Bar.

Edited by fuddrules

All Cabana's have a couch. The rooms for 3 have the couch converted to a 3rd bed. I'm assuming the Cabana for 4 has the same. IIRC, only 2 closets for the Cabana, same as the interior. Shower curtain and our luggage fit under the bed although on 1 suitcase I had to pick up the foot of the bed a little to get it to fit.

The overall experience was very enjoyable. The Havana area was fairly quiet and relaxing most of the time except on evenings when the band was playing. Then it was very popular and loud (it didn't bother me). You did have to wear the wrist bands to get into the pool area prior to 5 pm.

We also liked the location. Right outside the Havana area is Ocean Plaza, JavaHut, dining room booking for YTD, Red Frog Pub and Pixels. They also had a breakfast buffet in the Ocean Plaza every morning. And not far away on the same deck is Alchemy, Steakhouse, and the Piano & Library Bar.

I'm so undecided, if the interior is the same size as cabana (185 sq ft), closet space the same, and shower curtain (just hate them) having trouble justifying paying over $700 more for a couch and outside sitting area which isn't even private.

I have an interior Havana cabin booked for the Re-positioning cruise in November. The way I look at it, the whole Havana area is like my patio, since I only have to share it with my fellow Havana guests during the day. Plus the money I save versus a Cabana room lets me go on more cruises.

I have an interior Havana cabin booked for the Re-positioning cruise in November. The way I look at it, the whole Havana area is like my patio, since I only have to share it with my fellow Havana guests during the day. Plus the money I save versus a Cabana room lets me go on more cruises.

So true. I just don't know where we will put everything, seems like no storage space. Usually my husband uses couch for catch all. My other decision is to go with Early Saver or Past Guest. We will not be cruising on the Vista until 4/29/18. Trying to schedule it before our MSC Seaside cruise in a Yacht Club Interior.

I chose the Havana interior room. 1 for my wife & I and one for my 2 teenage daughters. Much cheaper and I really didn't want a patio where every passer by was looking in. Plus, like said before, we still get access to the Havana area. If I want to see outside I'll take a few more steps. We're are cruising the Med at the end of this month and it's so port intensive that I'm only going to be sleeping in the room anyway. No matter what you pick have a great vacation!