Can you bring a case of soda with you?

thecoop

We are packing 2 -12 packs of soda in a suitcase along with some other "drinks" and just packing the odd shaped things in there like shoes, etc.

We are wrapping the glass bottles in something and then wrapping them in clothes just in case.

Guy behind us in embarkation check-in line on Oct 8 CB, had his large case of beer fall out of its paper bag right before security screen - he put his beer through and picked it up after the X-ray scanner with no questions asked. We came back onboard after St Thomas with a 6 pack of beer in a plastic shopping bag - no questions asked. In St. Marten's we bought 2 bottles of duty free - put them through scanner and expected to be told they needed to be collected by ship personnel and delivered back to us last night... instead, no one said anything, so we carried them up to our room.

I think Princess has a policy prohibiting beer/hard alcohol from being brought onbard (wine/champagne OK) but I do not think they want the hassle of enforcing this policy....works for me.

Enjoy your cruise.

We brought 2 cases each of water and soda (in 12pk and 24pk cardboard box - Costco type).

We had extra Princess sticker luggage tags and just filled out all of them with our room # and stuck one on each case. We did this prior to leaving for the port.

At the port, we just handed the cases over to the porter and tipped a little extra ($5 on top of the usual). 30 minutes later they were delivered to our room with our luggage.

Archived