Royal Princess Lido Deck Balcony Cabins L301/302

mathgeek1978

We're currently on the Regal Princess in L301. Balcony is great but the noise is awful. There are two automated doors that are directly beside this room that give access to the Lido deck. The rattling and banging is non stop. It starts as soon as crew/passengers are awake around 6am and doesn't stop until around midnight. Added noise is made from carts being moved from the bars and towel carts through these doorways, as they loudly bang the metal floor guards. We've been on many cruises and you should always expect some noise, but not even our ear plugs prevent us from hearing the noise. My partner was forced to wear noise canceling headphones in addition to the ear plugs just to get some sleep. We requested a room move but to no avail as the ship is sold out. Guest Services said that they are aware of the noise issues related to L301 and we're not the first passengers in this room to report the problem.

Edited by FirstTimeFreddy
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 9:55 AM, AllieOh said:

After seeing all the comments, I took a chance on L302 on the Sky Princess May 2023. This cabin is very noisy and would not recommend despite the location and extended balcony. I didn’t see personally but think it was the large towel / blanket carts coming through the door at 12:30 am & 6:30 am causing most of the noise. Anything rolling over the metal threshold can be heard. 

Also, if you’re on a cold weather cruise, the glass doors provide extra wind blockage but bang with the wind gusts. 

Earplugs worked a bit but the cabin was shaking from some of the noise. Happy cruising! Back to Aloha deck for me…

Good to know.  We’ve been in very noisy rooms before .. now take a white noise machine to block out those types of noises but when it shakes the room, that certainly won’t help.