Reggae or shipwreck???

hockeypapa

Shipwreck is closer, so taxi fare will be less. My favorite is Shipwreck, more of a beach bar feel to it than the touristy feel of Reggae . A lot of locals & expats hang out at Shipwreck.

We did Reggae back in March and really didn't care for it too much. The chairs were packed in and at first we had some issues with the staff, but it got better. However, our feelings could have been set for the day due to our tour guide that was hired for the day for a huge group on our roll call for this trip...which ended up not being the greatest, instead of the beach itself. I have a full review in my signature line if you are interested in it. There's tons of pictures of the place.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from St. Kitts. We actually went to both beaches since we rented a vehicle and we're able to get around to most of the beaches. We liked Raggae a little more since we had great service but it did get a little crowded. Shipwreck was a unique beach with the black sand. There was literally no one there during our 2 hour visit. It is very rustic and there is not much beach with the water going all the way to the chairs

Just got back from St. Kitts. We actually went to both beaches since we rented a vehicle and we're able to get around to most of the beaches. We liked Raggae a little more since we had great service but it did get a little crowded. Shipwreck was a unique beach with the black sand. There was literally no one there during our 2 hour visit. It is very rustic and there is not much beach with the water going all the way to the chairs

Shipwreck was heavily damaged by a hurricane a couple of years ago and a huge chunk of their beach washed away and did not recover. We went to the Beach Club and walked all the way down there via the beach (not an easy walk -BTW). It made me sad, because on our 2nd trip to St K we spent the whole day there with our toes in the sand.

Shipwreck was heavily damaged by a hurricane a couple of years ago and a huge chunk of their beach washed away and did not recover. We went to the Beach Club and walked all the way down there via the beach (not an easy walk -BTW). It made me sad, because on our 2nd trip to St K we spent the whole day there with our toes in the sand.

Do you mind elaborating on why you didn't think it was an easy walk?

• 3 months later...