Balconies affected by the no lights at night rule?

eugeniuss

Any forward facing cabin, with the lights on, will interfere with the view from the bridge.

I have never had a cabin far forward or facing forward on a Carnival ship but on the Jewel Class, NCL ships, the "Suite with large balcony" is worthless. It's a forward facing cabin with a HUGE balcony area but you cannot have your drapes open at night because of the effect it has on the bridge. If you do have your drapes open expect a knock on the door from an officer strongly requesting that you close your drapes.

Also, the wind is so strong that when the ship is underway you really can't stay out there.

As far as I know there are no cabins that are equivalent to that on a Carnival ship.

On the Carnival Legend our neighbors put up strobing christmas lights on their balcony and left them on the first two nights of the cruise. Even with the drapes drawn they still shown through and gave the cabin the feeling of being in a cheap motel and made it hard to get to sleep. On the third day I asked them if they could turn them off when they went to bed and they basically told them to "screw off". I then put a call in to Guest Relations and a little bit later I heard a knock at their door. They no longer had their lights on after that. I don't mind people having fun but when it becomes annoying to others then it's time to stop.

Take care,

Mike

Edited by MMastell

As we have had to go by these rules our last 3 cruises it is no big rule. We are in the front of the ship on deck 10 this cruise and when the stewards come in for night time turn down they close our curtains. No big deal.

We just open them when we wake up in the morning after we dress.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why would anyone need the light on the balcony? Pull cabin curtains and plenty of light. We bring battery operated candles. Enough light for ambiance.

To make sure it's the end of the cigarette they are lighting. Also to hide the light from the match.

It really shouldn't matter why someone likes their light on out there. We like it dark most times, but have lit it on occasion. I can only remember once where it did not work.

Howdy! Just off the Breeze this past Sunday. We had cabin 8202, the very first cabin port side next to the bridge. There was a sign in the room, affixed to the wall by the balcony door that said the light needed to remain off at night and curtains drawn in the evening, as cabin lights will interfere with Navigation.

Enjoy the Breeze! She's a beauty!