Drinks package

silver wedding

Our son who is sharing a cabin with us on our next Princess cruise would like to purchase the drinks package as he believes he drinks enough coffee and alcoholic drinks to justify it. My wife and I wouldn't want as for medical reasons I hardly drink and my wife doesn't drink much.

My question is can one person in a cabin just have the package and if they can when we are in bars together can he buy drinks for us as we usually drink in rounds when we are in a group?

Our son who is sharing a cabin with us on our next Princess cruise would like to purchase the drinks package as he believes he drinks enough coffee and alcoholic drinks to justify it. My wife and I wouldn't want as for medical reasons I hardly drink and my wife doesn't drink much.

My question is can one person in a cabin just have the package and if they can when we are in bars together can he buy drinks for us as we usually drink in rounds when we are in a group?

Yes one person on the cabin can purchase.

The package is for the person intended only.

There is no sharing, so no he could not buy rounds for everyone.

Exactly as above--any of the unlimited packages are intended for one person only. But Princess is different than some other lines in that they can be purchased by one person in a cabin.

The package does include 40% off on bottles of wine, which can then be shared.

No, he cannot buy a round of mixed drinks for the table on his card....but h can get his on the card and you can purchase your own.

He can buy all the rounds he wants wirh the drink package. His drink will be covered by the package, and he'll be charged for any additional drinks. He cannot get rounds of drinks for "free" with the drink package. It's one drink at a time for the person with the package only...

What about when they have the 2 for one drink specials?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about it? A persnal with the drink package can still buy a round at the 2-4-$1 deal - then everyone they are buying a drink for gets 2. Decent deal.. They'll be charged for the additional drink purchases whether it's under the 2-4-1 deal or normal bar prices, while their drink is covered by the package.

It's not complicated. The person with a package gets one drink at a time for themselves all day or night regardless if it's the drink of the day, at the happy hours, at PES event, etc. If they want to buy someone else a drink, they get charged for it - under whatever the going deal is, whether happy hour or drink of day or whatnot...

I think what another poster may have meant is that your husband can buy his drink with his drink card and still buy drinks for the others with his sea pass card. i could be wrong though,:confused:

I think what another poster may have meant is that your husband can buy his drink with his drink card and still buy drinks for the others with his sea pass card. i could be wrong though,:confused:

That'd exactly right. We've done so numerous times. The bartender will charge for any extras, while the package owner's OS covered by the package. Just be sure to let the server or bartender know you're buying the others, not trying to cheat the system.

As for what others around you may think if a package holder buys a round - who cares? If they think you're gaming the system, so what. You know you're all being honest, that's what matters.. If someone makes an issue of it - flaunt the receipt, and go about your business. No one has ever commented or made an issue when we've done so in the past though, FWIW...

As for being sociable with either one person buying G a round or each of you turning in your card for a drink, it makes little difference. The group is still together, hanging out and having fun and the servers are discreet..

Enjoy your sailing!