First time on Royal Caribbean independence of the sea September next year!!

nurseshortie

Good evening everyone, myself my husband and six year old daughter are crusing aboard the independence of the seas 30th September 2017. Myself and hubby have cruised before with thomsons but never done a big one like this.

We leave from Southampton port but live north of Scotland so need to travel down. i am looking for as much information as possible before we go so any help is great fully appreciated . Our 6 year old is super excited and is asking about kids club and things like that ..

Eeekkkk thanks in advance lesley

How exciting for you! We've been on Indy out of Southampton, and she's massive compared to Thomson ships, especially Celebration, which we've been on... your 6yr old will love it. :)

Have you looked at flying down? I do know some N. Scots who do that... we have family in the north who are in Indy very shortly, but they drive down and stay with family in Yorkshire. There are coaches- try Eavesway or Intercruise... do you have a travel agent? as they can usually arrange that.

:cool:

Hi yes we have local travel agents in our town could maybe enquirer. I am not the best traveller in the world especially on buses but we did consider flying. If we are To drive we shall head down and stay the night before xx

I like the Thomson ships, they're very friendly li'l old tubs - but they don't compare to Indy's style, glitz and toys.

You will find some venues quite crowded, but there are places to hide away.

And be aware that on-board costs are higher than Thomson. "Gratuities" (effectively wages) are around 12 dollars per day per passenger ( were you forewarned by your t/a?), and drinks prices are higher, plus a 15% service charge.

But you'll be very impressed with ship, entertainment, crew, and food.

FlyBe have flights between Scotland and Southampton, too early yet to confirm details but do check the add-ons then book early - like most budget airlines the prices rise steeply close to the day.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull