Do we have enough time to see the tower before our excursion?

tlreze

We will be on the EPIC scheduled in port 7am, so we probably won't be off the ship til 7:30am or so

We have a cooking excursion in Livorno - near the Market at 11am.......Would we have enough time to catch a cab at the port to Livorno train station, hop a train to Pisa, bus to tower - 30 minutes to see it, bus back to Pisa train and train back to Livorno for 11am?

I think you'd be pushing it to get back for your 11am excursion if you go by public transport

assuming a cab driver is keen to transport you that short distance to the train station-he would be more likely to offer to take you all the way to Pisa[30 mins drive] hang around while you take your pictures and then drive you back

I don't know how much the fare would be but it also gives advantage that he can drive you to the edge of the field of miracles saving more time

Problem with train to Pisa is if you just miss one how long will you have to wait for the next?

Then again for bus from train station-even if you walked it's all extra time

If you had no other plans for the day fair enough but I wouldn't be able to relax knowing I had that 11am deadline

just my opinion

I think you'd be pushing it to get back for your 11am excursion if you go by public transport

assuming a cab driver is keen to transport you that short distance to the train station-he would be more likely to offer to take you all the way to Pisa[30 mins drive] hang around while you take your pictures and then drive you back

I don't know how much the fare would be but it also gives advantage that he can drive you to the edge of the field of miracles saving more time

Problem with train to Pisa is if you just miss one how long will you have to wait for the next?

Then again for bus from train station-even if you walked it's all extra time

If you had no other plans for the day fair enough but I wouldn't be able to relax knowing I had that 11am deadline

just my opinion

thank you, opinions is exactly what I was asking for.....maybe we will see about a taxi, else skip it

if you don't want to take a chance on finding a taxi outside the port I have been using taxi-finder.com mainly for airport-hotel transfers but could give you an idea of costs to and from Pisa and could pick you up at port

They are a third party organisations which works over several countries

you put in your details and they send to local companies who then send you their quotes

worth a try?