Tell me about Dream's spa and Serenity area, compared to NCL Breakaway!

ldlewis45

I'm debating between two cruises: NCL Breakaway to Bermuda out of NYC and the Dream to Western Caribbean out of New Orleans.

My original plan was to do the Breakaway in a spa balcony cabin, which comes with access to the thermal lounge with thalassotherapy pool and heated tile loungers. But, I got an unexpected job transfer to New Orleans. So after the expense of moving, the $3,000 plus the cost of flights is making me hesitate, even though I really want to go back to Bermuda and I love staying there for three days straight.

My other option is to get a spa balcony on the Dream. I've never been on her before, though, so I don't know what the spa is like or whether it compares to the spa on the Breakaway. It's going to run a good $1200 less for the cruise, and I won't have to pay for flights, too. And it's going to locations that I've not cruised to before. On one hand, that's great, since they're new to me, but on the other hand, I was looking forward to having three days in Bermuda and exploring.

Can someone tell me more about Dream's spa amenities and about the Serenity area (whether it's one of the secluded ones or whether it's loud and not very serene?

Edited by ldlewis45

Never been on NCL, but have been on Dream with Spa pass. It has a fairly large spa area with 4 different steam/ aroma rooms. Each has tile loungers except for the sauna. The Thalassotherapy pool is large and always had plenty of space in it. The serenity area is near the waterslide entrance and is not the most quiet area on the ship.

Never on the Breakaway, but we just did 21 days on the Dream Journeys in a Spa Cabin, 12211, and loved it. Get off the elevator and eucalyptus smacks you in the face, lovely. One flight of stairs above our cabin was the Serenity Bar and relaxation area. We were in the spa, steam, pool, warm chairs, and fantastic showers everyday.