Entertainment time on Norwegian Gem

sabyphoto

I am heading out on the Gem in September out of New York. I want to be able to see the sights of the city at sail away, go to dinner and see that evenings show! I know a lot! Does anyone, who has recently, sailed on this ship know when the evening show starts that first night?

Do not miss the sail away ! There is nothing as beautiful as the NY views. We recommend being at the Great Outdoors for it. 12 aft, for great panoramic views,(good bar too) skyline on one side, Lady Liberty on the other. Also DO NOT MISS going under the bridge--UNBELIEVABLE

Safe sailing

Actually the first night show is just a little bit of everything preview that will be shown for the week, so not a big deal to miss it at all. Go and do the sailaway and enjoy dinner -- don't stress the first night show!

I second this advice. We've sailed 7 times on NCL so far, and I think it was only on our most recent cruise (the Gem in February) that we made it to the first night's show. (I just checked the Daily and the Welcome Aboard show was at 7pm.) Although I would not make myself crazy that first night getting to the show, in this case it turned out to be useful as we decided the comedian was not worth a full show.

OP: if you do want to see the Welcome Aboard show, just plan to have dinner afterwards. That will give you time for everything else. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Turtles06