Adventure of the Seas June 25 - July 2 ABC Cruise Mini-Review w/All Cruise Compasses

Just a quick review of our time on the AOS. We had a good time with only one real complaint, but overall a great ship and crew aboard the AOS.

I did manage to save all the Cruise Compasses, for my fellow overplanners and the curious :)

Embarkation (San Juan):

This is our only real complaint for the entire trip. We arrived at the port about 1:40 PM the day of embarkation and found the staff to be overwhelmed and alot of confused people left to fend on their own to try and figure out what was going on. The staff was non-caring and appeared to be clueless about the procedures. Heard and saw plenty of shrugs and I don't care attitudes from the staff. But our fellow passengers were very polite and saved the day for those that had not been to SJ before.

Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, and St Marteen:

We enjoyed all the ports of call, but Bonaire was our favorite, the people were friendly and the island was gorgeous.

The Ship:

She was very well maintained and spotless with a great crew to boot.

The Food:

We ate at the MDR for all meals except the formal nights and found the food and service (VJ and Peter were the best) very good.

The Windjammer had a great variety of food that was flavorful and good.

Shows:

We attended most shows but only stayed for the Motown Show, these guys were really good. The rest...ehhh not so much.

Voom Internet:

Bought at pre-cruise price, reception throughout the ship, speed was about what an old ISDN line would be, not great but at least good enough to Facebook and check email.

Overall we had a great time and would recommend the cruise and ship to all.

Here are the Cruise Compasses:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7S1JLt7ecmbdDdFQ3dsa0tsYkE&usp=sharing

Edited by Johnnyczdc

Thank you so much for the compasses!! We are sailing this same itinerary in September and I had not been able to find any compasses until now! Planning is some of the fun for us and tides us over until the actual cruise!

Glad to hear you had a great trip! What was the confusion at the port? We have sailed out of San Juan once about 8 years ago so just wondering if there is something we should be aware of?

Thanks!

I noticed on the compasses that you were in Aruba until 11pm and then only in Curaçao until 5:30. Was this your originally scheduled itinerary or did they switch it? We are scheduled to be in Curaçao on Day 5 until 11pm and then in Aruba on Day 6 until 5:30pm. Just wondering if they changed them or if you were always scheduled that way.

Thanks

If you get to the port early you will not have a problem getting on. We were there about 10:45. The started letting people in at 11:00. Very easy process and we were on the ship before we knew it.

Thank you! We were trying to decide if we wanted to wait until later to miss the crowds but I doubt we will be able to hold off! Sounds like we can go early and be okay.

If you get to the port early you will not have a problem getting on. We were there about 10:45. The started letting people in at 11:00. Very easy process and we were on the ship before we knew it.

I agree with Mike, you would probably have a better chance earlier, our flight didn't arrive until 1PM. We talked to some other guests during the cruise who had checked in earlier and they basically walked on without a hitch. I think there was a big push of airline arrivals about the time we got there and the staff failed to spin up fast enough to accommodate the push, leaving it to all of us to find our way around. More than anything was the don't give a care attitude displayed by the staff.

I noticed on the compasses that you were in Aruba until 11pm and then only in Curaçao until 5:30. Was this your originally scheduled itinerary or did they switch it? We are scheduled to be in Curaçao on Day 5 until 11pm and then in Aruba on Day 6 until 5:30pm. Just wondering if they changed them or if you were always scheduled that way.

Thanks

This was on our original itinerary. We asked why Aruba and not somewhere else, and we were told by a staffer that it changed every couple of weeks.

Our plan is to get there about 11, like we usually do, but this time I was told not to come until 330. Is that a new thing? I told the reservation guy that we have to check out of our hotel at 11 so we will be going to the port at 11 and he said no, don't come until 330. If I have to sit there until 330, I guess I will, :mad: are there assigned boarding times? I highly doubt if we show up they will make us wait. :D

We were on this sailing as well. Individual embarkation experience was definitely a timing thing. We got to the pier at about 11:15 am and had our easiest embarkation in 10+ cruises. Dropped off luggage with just 1 person ahead of us. Then straight through security and literally walked right up the counter to get our SeaPass cards. Bought a few bottles of wine right there in the terminal and walked straight onto the ship. INCREDIBLY quick and easy.

I got access denied for the cruise compass. Just sent a request for access. Thanks! I am going on this cruise in southern so I am interested in the cruise compasses.

same here....we are Mac users

I'm getting the same thing on a PC now. I was able to access the docs fine a few days ago. Something must have changed on the Google Doc.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone happen to save them by any chance? I am on this cruise in September. I wanted to check out the schedule, especially what time ask aboard is versus what time you are in port as listed online. I am looking at an excursion that goes until 4pm on a day we are in port until 5 and I wanted to make sure we would have time to board. Thank you.