Connie in asia

bsg_19

Does anyone have experiences they can share on their journeys in SE Asia while on board Connie? We have six sea days on our February 14 day cruise. I'm concerned w all this "down" time and shipboard activities which are usually not Celebrity's specialty! Now, we will have a premium drink package so that will help(!?) so will there be " local regional" beer choices?

Does anyone have experiences they can share on their journeys in SE Asia while on board Connie? We have six sea days on our February 14 day cruise. I'm concerned w all this "down" time and shipboard activities which are usually not Celebrity's specialty! Now, we will have a premium drink package so that will help(!?) so will there be " local regional" beer choices?

Great question! We unfortunately do not have the answer - but will be sailing on the Connie 03/19/17 & will have six sea days as well. We will be watching to see if there's a response. We too have the Premium Bvg Package & hope to truly enjoy the downtime :)

We have cruised in Asia, but not on Connie, and have had a few trips now on both M and S class ships with quite a lot of sea days. We have a Millie Asia cruise booked for next year, can't wait!

The first comment I would make is you do have to see sea days as 'recovery time'. Excursions in Asia can involve some quite long days and a lot of walking. The heat and humidity can add to the tiredness.

When we did have a sea day we really tried to make the most of it by booking in our speciality dining, staying up for some shows, pool time...I can honestly say even when we had several consecutive sea days we did not feel bored.

We do feel on a longer cruise with more sea days you do get the benefit of upgrading your room both for the bigger room, balcony and perks often included....I know this can be seen the other way, there are some days with long port stops and your room is just somewhere to sleep....just a personal choice.

Our last two Asian cruises were not on X but on RC and Star cruises. I do seem to remember than some bars on RC did stock some Asian beers (Sing?, Tiger?). I also seem to remember they were only in certain bars, worth chatting with a couple of bar staff on boarding.

We really loved both our Asian cruise trips, both involved land stays before and after, really recommend this if time allows.

Hope you have a great cruise!