Formal Night

Hello,

My husband and I are going on our first cruise this December from the 4th through the 9th. It is on the Royal Caribbean Navigator. I wanted to know if there is a formal night and if so, which day is it on? Is this something I need to ask our travel agent?

Thanks for your help,

First Cruise YEAH!

Hello,

My husband and I are going on our first cruise this December from the 4th through the 9th. It is on the Royal Caribbean Navigator. I wanted to know if there is a formal night and if so, which day is it on? Is this something I need to ask our travel agent?

Thanks for your help,

First Cruise YEAH!

1 formal night on 5 night cruises and it should be Day 2 or on the night of a Sea Day. Hardly anybody dresses up for them anymore. It seems only those who are going to have their picture taken dress up. On some RCI ships, they don't even have formal nights anymore.

1 formal night on 5 night cruises and it should be Day 2 or on the night of a Sea Day. Hardly anybody dresses up for them anymore. It seems only those who are going to have their picture taken dress up. On some RCI ships, they don't even have formal nights anymore.

I actually don't mind this at all. My husband isn't a dress-up type guy so, a collared shirt and khaki pants/shorts should be fine for him and a summer dress for me? That is what we would feel most comfortable in.

Thanks for your quick response :)

Hello,

Thanks for your help,

First Cruise YEAH!

On the first sea day.

Enjoy your first cruise! I remember being in your position awhile back. The dress code on formal night is not super strict. What you described sounded just fine.

The only thing I've seen enforced in the MDR was no shorts/tank tops at dinner. Even that enforcement varies from ship to ship from what I've read here. (I mention it because I personally witnessed it on the Grandeur last May.)

Please do not go out and buy unwanted, unneeded, clothes,.

IMHO, as other have said, and if you are concern, just look a little nicer on Formal nights. My wife and I always dress nicer for the quote "FORMAL" night but NEVER look like we might be going to a old time funeral. or a debutante party.