Art Auction Problem, Has this happened to YOU???

rucruisn2

I have some very close friends who cruised on Brilliance of the Seas in July. They spent considerable time at the auctions and purchased some art for several thousand dollars. Park West was to ship the painting home in 6 weeks. Well, after several phone calls and answers of "it on it's way" they get a letter that the painting is "no longer available". Park West offered another painting, or to work with them, whatever that means. Has this happened to any of you? What did you do? Should they let Royal Caribbean know about this? It's a shame Park West wasted their time on the cruise they could have been doing other things and is keeping their money for 3 months when they knew the art wasn't available. Thanks for your thoughts.

I would definitely let RCI know. The painting is no longer available - What the heck does that mean. How did they pay for the painting. If they paid by credit card I would immediately contact the credit card company and have the funds reversed since the merchandise was never delivered.

Same thing happened to us. The one we paid for suddenly was not available and they substituted another similar piece. I make sure each time I pass through one of the auctions and they try to get you to sit and buy exactly why I won't....and I don't say it very quietly either. We'll never buy again.

I have bought several pieces and never had a problem with shipping or billing. Park West Gallery in Southfield, MI, runs the Park West at Sea program. I live in the area and have visited their huge gallery. I have attended openings where the artist is in attendance. Sometimes it is someone whose art is prominently featured in the cruise auctions. Park West is very reputable and I am sure will work to satisify their client in any way necessary.

I have bought several pieces and have had that happen only once. They offered a piece with a higher value for the same price, sent it to me, I didn't want it and they picked it up, no cost to me. Things happen, in my case they had a large lot in the warehouse that was damaged.

Archived