Review of the Brilliance of the seas April TA

Sorry this review is so late, but we spent 6 weeks in Europe following the TA and well....I'm now sufficiently revived to write..Grin

My review is posted on my family blog.....please feel free to visit...:)

http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/

I will be happy to answer any questions....

She is a beautiful ship, and we had a blast!

Thanks so much for your kind words....we loved Quimper, we only visited because Joel had family there, and we were so surprised at how quaint and interesting it was! A church built in the 1200's, timbered houses...little bakeries.... Yummmm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry this review is so late, but we spent 6 weeks in Europe following the TA and well....I'm now sufficiently revived to write..Grin

My review is posted on my family blog.....please feel free to visit...:)

http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/

I will be happy to answer any questions....

She is a beautiful ship, and we had a blast!

Nice review and pictures. We were on the sailing as well. It was our first TA and we loved it. They did such a great job of keeping us busy and went above and beyond in so many ways. So many extras like a free drink on boarding, that amazing Puerto Rico sailaway party and the arrival party in Gibraltar with more free drinks. They even had a midnight buffet which you never see anymore. The entertainment was great although we did not care for the piano player in the Schooner Bar.

Looks like you had a good time in Europe after the cruise. We spent 4 weeks after Brilliance on Ovation of the Seas and that was amazing as well. I hope to write a review titled "around the world in 49 days" but I need to find the time to do that before we head out again in September!

How was the Ovation? Quite a difference from the Radiance...We did that same route, when the the Solstice re-positioned...and loved all our ports....luckily we were able to do 2 ports in Egypt....probably one of the last ships who ported there...

How was the Ovation? Quite a difference from the Radiance...We did that same route, when the the Solstice re-positioned...and loved all our ports....luckily we were able to do 2 ports in Egypt....probably one of the last ships who ported there...

Ovation was wonderful. New ship with lots of pizzazz. They did a very good job all things considered. We just loved 270, the indoor pool area, the Seaplex and really enjoyed doing iFly and Northstar. We had been on Quantum previously so already where familiar with what they had to offer. The only negative was that although we like Dynamic Dining, after 30 days the menus became very repetitive. And of course the itinerary was amazing with the high points being Petra, the Suez Canal and Dubai. India was "interesting" although if I don't go back it is OK (despite getting a 10 year visa). Singapore is great but I was a little under the weather towards the end of the cruise and that slowed us down a bit. We spent 4 extra nights there but I would definitely like to go back someday.

That said we felt the Brilliance has more "soul" than Ovation does. Just a different kind of experience on the two ships. Both were very good but in different ways.

Edited by eel

We are going to Malaga, Gibraltar, and San Juan. No Atlantic islands this time.

All are great ports as you well know....next time I'm in Malaga, I'm going to visit the old town... We saw the Alhambra this time, and it was well worth the trip.... One of the cruise critic gang took a trip to one of the white hill towns...that sounds like an experience as well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your nice review. We are crossing on Brilliance of the Seas in April 2017. Our ports: San Juan, Azores, Malaga, Ibiza, Barcelona. What type of weather did you have during the crossing and in Barcelona? Is is comfortable on the open decks during the crossing? Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...