Make your own gold nugget bracelet?

smilz

Sailing for Alaska on Grand in a few weeks. Have been reading Patters from a previous poster and noticed that you can make your own gold nugget bracelet onboard. Has anyone done this? The only info listed is that spaces were limited. Would like to know cost and if the final product is worth doing.

Sailing for Alaska on Grand in a few weeks. Have been reading Patters from a previous poster and noticed that you can make your own gold nugget bracelet onboard. Has anyone done this? The only info listed is that spaces were limited. Would like to know cost and if the final product is worth doing.

Only thing I could think of is the inch of gold table at the boutiques.

You can create your own bracelet/anklet/necklace etc.

Our family have purchased a few gold nugget necklaces onboard.

On Ruby Princess a month ago or so, New York Nana showed Patters for the gold nugget bracelet making class that required showing up hours earlier to obtain a ticket for a spot in the class. It was also held on the 2nd sea day.

However, I just got back from the same ship and route this past Sunday, and the gold nugget bracelet class was moved to the 1st sea day at 11am in a conference room. Also, the requirement to show up early for a ticket was removed. Perhaps it was not popular enough to warrant handing out tickets? There is no cost listed in the Patters (whereas wine tasting events do list a price), so I'd be surprised if they charged for it.

If you are a lucky person in games of chance, the Effy jewelry store on-board had a raffle for jewelry almost everyday.

We did this on the Island in late May. There is no charge but they only had 20 bracelet kits, so the class size was limited to the first 20 who showed up.

The name is a little misleading. There is no actual gold nugget. It is a gold colored round beads which are weaved into the bracelet strings. No one finished in our class and we took the kits with us to finish on our on, although everyone was invited back to the second class of the cruise to finish.

I did this activity on our Ruby cruise in June. Montgomeryfamily's experience was similar to mine. They held the activity twice during the cruise. I attended the 2nd class and it was not full. However, the instructors did say that they had to turn a few people away from the first class because of space issues. They did not hand out tickets, it was just first come, first serve.

The "gold" part of the bracelet refers to gold beads which you weave/braid onto dark brown cord. I did not have time to finish mine in the class, but completed it later on my own. If you are crafty, you might enjoy it. If you've not made bracelets with that technique before, you might get a little frustrated because it isn't easy.

I did this activity on our Ruby cruise in June. Montgomeryfamily's experience was similar to mine. They held the activity twice during the cruise. I attended the 2nd class and it was not full. However, the instructors did say that they had to turn a few people away from the first class because of space issues. They did not hand out tickets, it was just first come, first serve.

The "gold" part of the bracelet refers to gold beads which you weave/braid onto dark brown cord. I did not have time to finish mine in the class, but completed it later on my own. If you are crafty, you might enjoy it. If you've not made bracelets with that technique before, you might get a little frustrated because it isn't easy.

Thats supposed to be a gold nugget bracelet? Yikes! :(