Carnival Sunshine to Saint John, New Brunswick, 4-night June 30th Review

JenTX4NYC

Concerning the food, wasn't there 24 hour room service? Couldn't you pre-order the continental breakfast to be sent to your cabin at anytime you wanted?

Yes we did order coffee and fruit plates they are small, small danishes and cereal.

I've never really understood why they use Sunshine for the Canada cruises rather than a Conquest-class ship that has the dome over the aft pool. We did seven Canada cruises (4 on Victory, 3 on Glory) and having the covered pool really helped when the weather wasn't great (which wasn't a constant for us - we had several Canada cruises where you'd swear you were on a Caribbean cruise, based on the crowds on the Lido deck).

Two reasons. First Carnival used to have two ships sailing from NYC. One sailing the Canada/NE itinerary. The other sailing to Bahamas/Caribbean. Now that there is only one ship from NYC (The Sunshine) she is sailing both itineraries. Meaning there are plenty of sailings where the weather will be conducive to outdoor mirth and merriment. Second I definitely believe that Carnival wanted to bring a "new" ship with more bells and whistles and dining choices to NYC to better compete with NCL Breakaway and Royal's Anthem of the seas.

Edited by NYcruzzer

Agree with all of the above in regards to staff. Glad your watch was ok!

We were on this cruise and my husband and myself did not see any of this. We had pleasant wait staff and everything seemed clean to us. We had no complaints about this cruise except for a longer wait at dinner. But you have to remember, this ship holds 1000 more people now than it was the Destiny.

And as to Canada, yes it was a dreary day. But we made the most of it. We rented a car and drove the Fundy trail and enjoyed the sights. Yes it would have been much better with the sun out, but we cannot control the weather. After we did the trail, we came back to town and walked around and ended up at a local brewery. It was a fun day in our books.

Edited by beachnsnowbunny

We just got off the same cruise, and I generally agree about the cleanliness and staffing issues. I didn't notice the unclean bathrooms as much as people not washing their hands and the lack of hand-sanitizers. I tried using the hand-washing stations in the Lido, but both times got my non-waterproof watch wet. Fortunately, it was ok.

Or.........you could've taken the watch off after the first time and put it back on after you dried your hands. :rolleyes: