Vista Journey cruise booking hesitation

My husband. myself and our two children (6 and 9) are looking into booking the Vista Journey cruise from New York for Nov. We have a few reservations and I was hoping to hear some feedback from those who have done a Carnival Journey cruise before. My husband is worried that because it's an 11 day cruise that there will be very few kids onboard for our kids to interact with. Also because it's a journey cruise that it will be catered more to adults with the activities onboard and "fun academy" part of the cruise. Do you think this would be a legitimate worry for this type of cruise?

This would be our first time on a Carnival cruise and we are a bit hesitant to book such a long cruise on a line we haven't been on before and also because there is no shortage of criticism on Carnival cruise line itself(not to say it's all truth but sometimes it's hard not to get caught up in the negativity). We have cruised on NCL Escape and also RCCL line and loved them both for different reasons. We have no loyalty to a cruise line, and this cruise fits our holiday plans, and timeline.

Can you help this hesitant family make a decision about this particular cruise?

My husband. myself and our two children (6 and 9) are looking into booking the Vista Journey cruise from New York for Nov. We have a few reservations and I was hoping to hear some feedback from those who have done a Carnival Journey cruise before. My husband is worried that because it's an 11 day cruise that there will be very few kids onboard for our kids to interact with. Also because it's a journey cruise that it will be catered more to adults with the activities onboard and "fun academy" part of the cruise. Do you think this would be a legitimate worry for this type of cruise?

This would be our first time on a Carnival cruise and we are a bit hesitant to book such a long cruise on a line we haven't been on before and also because there is no shortage of criticism on Carnival cruise line itself(not to say it's all truth but sometimes it's hard not to get caught up in the negativity). We have cruised on NCL Escape and also RCCL line and loved them both for different reasons. We have no loyalty to a cruise line, and this cruise fits our holiday plans, and timeline.

Can you help this hesitant family make a decision about this particular cruise?

I have been on 10 and 11 day Journey cruises back to back in Jan and Feb earlier this year and there were very few kids on board.

However, since one of the 2 November Vista Journey cruises includes Thanksgiving, there may be more families cruising then Why not go to the roll call for that cruise date and ask your question there? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2166599&page=73

I think I've seen this question posted by others for Nov 16 sailing that I'm on.

Edited by evandbob

• 6 months later...

We have not been on a Journey cruise yet, but we have sailed a couple weeks before Christmas break and there were less than 20 kids total on board including 5 that I brought ages 10 thru 17. Four were ours as well as our oldest son's friend. If you want more kids then sailing during breaks might be more conducive. We just sailed at Christmas break on the Conquest and there were tons of kids. Our next cruise will be Jan 2018 Journey cruise. I hope there are very few kids on board. Maybe a few well behaved home-schooled kids!

Edited by familyoutdoors