Weird ????

vlf467

I wanted to purchase some heavy duty luggage tags to put the paper tags from msc in. Does anyone know the width and length of the paper ones that come with our etickets?

I wanted to purchase some heavy duty luggage tags to put the paper tags from msc in. Does anyone know the width and length of the paper ones that come with our etickets?

The ones that are issued in the UK are printed on A4 paper which is 11.7 x 8.3 inches (297 x 210mm).

the relevant part occupies the centre third and is 2 and 7/8 inches (72 mm) wide .

It can be cut to give 2 tags each 5 and 1/4 inches (five and a quarter ) by 2 and 7/8 inches.

I've just measured some of mine to get the above sizes,

The sizes may be a little different in the USA as you use letter size (8.5 x 11.0 inches). which is a little smaller than A4,

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Like Bea,,we purchased the "Wide" luggage tag holders from Cruise Critic and the MSC luggage tags just fit into them::)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

We just staple them on 2 on each piece of luggage and never had a problem.

We just staple them on 2 on each piece of luggage and never had a problem.

WE don't even do that much. We arrive at the port and just prior to handing over the luggage to the porters we get THEM to staple them on and have never had an issue. Clearly the system works! I have never heard or seen chaos because labels fell off and people could not be reacquainted with their luggage. Anything else is just pfaffing about and incurring unnecessary expense on yourself!

WE don't even do that much. We arrive at the port and just prior to handing over the luggage to the porters we get THEM to staple them on and have never had an issue. Clearly the system works! I have never heard or seen chaos because labels fell off and people could not be reacquainted with their luggage. Anything else is just pfaffing about and incurring unnecessary expense on yourself!

Very true.

WE don't even do that much. We arrive at the port and just prior to handing over the luggage to the porters we get THEM to staple them on and have never had an issue.

That's what we do, too. Even though we have the tag holders we don't use them. We have the labels folded and ready for the porters who get on them on so quickly you wonder how they do it! And if you need extra, they produce and attach them before you can blink!

That's what we do, too. Even though we have the tag holders we don't use them. We have the labels folded and ready for the porters who get on them on so quickly you wonder how they do it! And if you need extra, they produce and attach them before you can blink!

Anyhow, no point putting them on until the last minute if there is a chance of rain!

I cover mine both sides with sellotape which strengthens them really well. I do that at home. Then just stick them on before arriving at the port. Got that tip from Capricruiser on here a few years ago.