Fort Lauderdale hotel with managers reception.

trolleydolly

You want the one that has the 1500 SE 17th Street Causeway address.

Roz

Thank you so much for that!!! I had the wrong one. I have cancelled and rebooked the right one now! Another $80 though!! Am going to still

shop around. We're from the uk and the dollar isn't good for us at the moment!!! Thanks for your help.

It's very confusing...glad to help! The HI Express on 17th is a block down from the Embassy Suites everyone talks about. There are lots of shops and restaurants on the street within walking distance, and behind the Embassy Suites are the Harbor Shoppes where you'll find more restaurants as well as a Publix grocery store, Total Wine, and a nail salon. A block further down from the HI Express is a Walgreen's drug store where you can purchase flip flops, sun hats, sunscreen, etc. and anything you forgot like mascara or toothpaste.

Roz

It's very confusing...glad to help! The HI Express on 17th is a block down from the Embassy Suites everyone talks about. There are lots of shops and restaurants on the street within walking distance, and behind the Embassy Suites are the Harbor Shoppes where you'll find more restaurants as well as a Publix grocery store, Total Wine, and a nail salon. A block further down from the HI Express is a Walgreen's drug store where you can purchase flip flops, sun hats, sunscreen, etc. and anything you forgot like mascara or toothpaste.

Roz

Thanks Roz.

I'm now not sure what to do as just realised hasn't got a pool!! That's a must for my 14 year old even though we are only there for one night. It's just everything is so expensive but I know because it's the time of year but we have to travel then due to school holidays. Back to the drawing board I guess!!

There will a pool or pools on the ship. Is a pool really a necessity for one night? You have a lot of requirements for someone trying to stick within a budget during peak season.

Roz

There will a pool or pools on the ship. Is a pool really a necessity for one night? You have a lot of requirements for someone trying to stick within a budget during peak season.

Roz

I know. Greedy I guess!! I'd bin the breakfast and free shuttle though for the pool!!! Don't forget we live in the UK and weather is somewhat depressing most of the year!! Like now!!! And it should be summer!!!! [emoji939][emoji939].

Thanks Roz.

I'm now not sure what to do as just realised hasn't got a pool!! That's a must for my 14 year old even though we are only there for one night. It's just everything is so expensive but I know because it's the time of year but we have to travel then due to school holidays. Back to the drawing board I guess!!

Did you check the rates for what used to be the Comfort Suites on the corner of 17th and Federal?

Also check the Best Western Oceanside and the Hampton Inn on downtown.

I know. Greedy I guess!! I'd bin the breakfast and free shuttle though for the pool!!! Don't forget we live in the UK and weather is somewhat depressing most of the year!! Like now!!! And it should be summer!!!! [emoji939][emoji939].

Maybe things have changed recently, but from what I recall, this particular Holiday Inn Express will shuttle you to one of their sister properties that does have a pool. The only disadvantage would be that you can't exactly grab something from your room that you might have forgotten!

Another thing to consider if you check out Hotwire: They've recently added a new area called "Convention Center/Port Everglades", so take a look at those listings (the key amenities are listed so you'll know whether or not there's a pool), check out the betterbidding.com site, and hopefully you can find something more reasonable. (By the way, Hotwire's "blind" bookings are non-refundable.)

Maybe things have changed recently, but from what I recall, this particular Holiday Inn Express will shuttle you to one of their sister properties that does have a pool. The only disadvantage would be that you can't exactly grab something from your room that you might have forgotten!

Another thing to consider if you check out Hotwire: They've recently added a new area called "Convention Center/Port Everglades", so take a look at those listings (the key amenities are listed so you'll know whether or not there's a pool), check out the betterbidding.com site, and hopefully you can find something more reasonable. (By the way, Hotwire's "blind" bookings are non-refundable.)

Thank you [emoji3]