QM2 Deck 6 Bed near balcony position?

Lobbylin

If you look closely at the video of the bathroom, you'll see a grab bar in the shower. It's a handicapped room and the bed has to be near the window because a wheelchair wouldn't be able to go around the bed to get to the desk or couch.

That's a very odd cabin... never seen one like it (and I've had sheltered balcony cabins on decks 4, 5 and 6).

The shower area has something attached to the wall (seat?).

The desk and lamp above are similar to an inside cabin (which has a single lamp as shown here, normally in balcony cabins there are two lamps above the desk).

The wardrobe is usually slightly larger and with a rounded end, in a balcony cabin. This one is shorter and straight ended (again, almost like an inside cabin)

Most odd :confused:

As, when laying in bed (or seated) in a Sheltered Balcony Cabin, you can't see the sea, I wouldn't let it worry me greatly either way. However, if I had to choose. I would slightly prefer the sofa near the balcony as it makes a better "living area" with the balcony door open, sofa just inside, and the chairs outside.

I am puzzled... :confused:

If you look closely at the video of the bathroom, you'll see a grab bar in the shower. It's a handicapped room and the bed has to be near the window because a wheelchair wouldn't be able to go around the bed to get to the desk or couch.
Very good! You could well be correct :) .

However, the bathroom looks to be a normal one (except for the fold-down seat in the shower (if that is what it is)) and would therefore have a step up into it?, and another into the shower?

Furthermore, 6216 is not marked on the current deckplans as an accessible cabin, I believe?

Still puzzled... :confused:

Edited by pepperrn

It's bizarre isn't it? But judging by all your replies this is not normal, so I think I can rest knowing the table is normally near the balcony.

Maybe they kitted it out specially for someone temporarily.... Who knows!

Thanks Linda

Edited by Lobbylin

I just checked the deck plan as well and noticed the room isn't currently a handicapped room. The video looks old and I wonder if this was some kind of earlier version of a "semi-handicapped" room? It really wouldn't be large enough for a regular wheel chair.