Question about Escape Mini Suites

julie100

Hello, we sail next Sat. on the Escape, we purchased a guarantee mini-suite, ended up with cabin #10826 which is midship on deck 10. When I booked (directly through NCL) I was told that the balcony is large and has 2 chaise lounges plus 2 regular chairs/table. However I've seen pics of the mini suite with a balcony big enough for just the regular chairs/table. This is a big deal to me because I plan to spend the week reading on my balcony in a chaise. Does anyone know if these mini suites all have the larger balconies with chaise lounges? I can see that there is a category that includes "large balconies", but this isn't what I have. Any info would be appreciated!

Standard balconies on the Escape have room for a couple of chairs and a table. If you want a larger one then you would have had to have seen on one of the mini suites with large balcony on deck 8.

The confusion may have raised because I think that there may be a couple of the deck 8 minis that are categorised as a guarantee (although that may be on other ships).

Whatever, you were given bad info, as is often the case with NCL telephone staff in the US apparently.

I sailed on the Escape in February in a mini-suite on 11 and found it to be great. The balcony is a bit larger than the balcony class of rooms but not by a ton. What makes it was the rain shower. Best bathroom at sea by far. Excluding the actual Suite class. Try the different knobs in the shower. Took me a day or so to figure them all out. For example, there is a separate jet just for your feet.

The ship is beautiful and the shows were awesome. You are going to have a hell of a good time! depending on your age, I loved the Brat Pack show but After Midnight and Million Dollar Quartet were also spectacular. Assuming the line up hasn't changed since February.

Hello, we sail next Sat. on the Escape, we purchased a guarantee mini-suite, ended up with cabin #10826 which is midship on deck 10. When I booked (directly through NCL) I was told that the balcony is large and has 2 chaise lounges plus 2 regular chairs/table. However I've seen pics of the mini suite with a balcony big enough for just the regular chairs/table. This is a big deal to me because I plan to spend the week reading on my balcony in a chaise. Does anyone know if these mini suites all have the larger balconies with chaise lounges? I can see that there is a category that includes "large balconies", but this isn't what I have. Any info would be appreciated!

We were in mini 12226 in February; the balcony did not have room for a chaise, just two chairs and a mini table that might double as a foot rest. If that won't work, there are wonderful areas on the waterfront that are quiet, comfy and fairly empty during the day that may meet your needs.

Enjoy your cruise

I sailed on the Escape in February in a mini-suite on 11 and found it to be great. The balcony is a bit larger than the balcony class of rooms but not by a ton. What makes it was the rain shower. Best bathroom at sea by far. Excluding the actual Suite class. Try the different knobs in the shower. Took me a day or so to figure them all out. For example, there is a separate jet just for your feet.

The ship is beautiful and the shows were awesome. You are going to have a hell of a good time! depending on your age, I loved the Brat Pack show but After Midnight and Million Dollar Quartet were also spectacular. Assuming the line up hasn't changed since February.

Sounds fantastic. Do you think a chaise would fit on the balcony? I can have hubby go and grab one from the pool. Thanks for the info.

We were in mini 12226 in February; the balcony did not have room for a chaise, just two chairs and a mini table that might double as a foot rest. If that won't work, there are wonderful areas on the waterfront that are quiet, comfy and fairly empty during the day that may meet your needs.

Enjoy your cruise

Great suggestion, thanks :)

Standard balconies on the Escape have room for a couple of chairs and a table. If you want a larger one then you would have had to have seen on one of the mini suites with large balcony on deck 8.

The confusion may have raised because I think that there may be a couple of the deck 8 minis that are categorised as a guarantee (although that may be on other ships).

Whatever, you were given bad info, as is often the case with NCL telephone staff in the US apparently.

I see, okay. The rep was very quick to tell me there would be 2 chaise lounges on the balcony when I was booking, it's why I changed my mind from a regular balcony to a mini suite. O well, 5 days until we leave for Miami so it's going to take more than a missing chair to put me in a bad mood. ;)

I see, okay. The rep was very quick to tell me there would be 2 chaise lounges on the balcony when I was booking, it's why I changed my mind from a regular balcony to a mini suite. O well, 5 days until we leave for Miami so it's going to take more than a missing chair to put me in a bad mood. ;)

Call and ask if any of the deck 8 M6 Mini Suites with Large Balcony are available. Maybe you can get a good upsell. They have two regular chairs, a table, and two lounge chairs.

My wife & I are booked in the same room..... 10826.... for the 8/14 Escape Sailing.

My NCL CC said this is one of the better cabins/locations on the ship so I would be appreciative of any feedback you may have after your cruise.

Thank you!

Rob

My wife & I are booked in the same room..... 10826.... for the 8/14 Escape Sailing.

My NCL CC said this is one of the better cabins/locations on the ship so I would be appreciative of any feedback you may have after your cruise.

Thank you!

Rob

Other than being approximately equidistant netween the forward and aft elevators, I don't see anything which would make this a "better" cabin than any of the other minis on the ship. The cabin and balcony will be identical to any other. If the balcony is important, even an "angled" balcony category like 10784 would probably have a bigger balcony than this minisuite.