Upgrading an Early Saver Booking to a Select

Scriv

Hi Everyone

Just wondering if you are allowed to upgrade an Early Saver booking to a Select one for a higher grade cabin?

Our Early Saver superior deluxe balcony cabin has not yet been allocated. and I am wondering whether it is possible/feasible to treat ourselves to try out a Suite. We are 9 weeks away from sailing.

We are talking of Ventura

Hi Everyone

Just wondering if you are allowed to upgrade an Early Saver booking to a Select one for a higher grade cabin?

Our Early Saver superior deluxe balcony cabin has not yet been allocated. and I am wondering whether it is possible/feasible to treat ourselves to try out a Suite. We are 9 weeks away from sailing.

We are talking of Ventura

I have read of someone else doing that. Either give Pando a ring direct (if you booked via them) or your TA (if you booked via them)

Should add that you would be charged the prices when you originally booked, not what they may be now.

Let us know how you get on, in case someone else in the future would like to do that.

We changed our booking from saver to select and it is charged at the rate when you first made the booking. It made sense for us as we were going to park our car at Southampton and with the onboard credit it only made a difference of about £80 in total.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We sailed on the Ventura earlier this year and had a select superior delux cabin. We were offered a suite before we sailed at an extra cost of £200 each I think. The suite we were offered was right at the front. We decided to stay put and were pleased we did so as the sea was rather choppy in parts and the bow of the ship was moving considerably. Passengers were not allowed to walk around the bow areas for most of the cruise. Having been on the Britannia we found the Ventura very nice but looking rather tired especially the cabin.

Thanks, all. Still debating whether to bother. We are in a guaranteed Superior Deluxe balcony and I haven't tried one of those yet, so I may spend the extra money on something else and leave the suite idea for another time. It is only for a 2 nighter.

Edited by Scriv

We are on a Christmas cruise and had booked a select outside. When we asked to move to a suite it worked out that we would be better off forgoing the the 15% deposit and rebooking. The current fares are about the same as when we booked. I guess they feel they can still sell the suites.

We stayed withere the select outside we had already booked.

Thanks, all. Still debating whether to bother. We are in a guaranteed Superior Deluxe balcony and I haven't tried one of those yet, so I may spend the extra money on something else and leave the suite idea for another time. It is only for a 2 nighter.

This is your best way forward. Not worth it for 2 nights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are on a Christmas cruise and had booked a select outside. When we asked to move to a suite it worked out that we would be better off forgoing the the 15% deposit and rebooking. The current fares are about the same as when we booked. I guess they feel they can still sell the suites.

We stayed withere the select outside we had already booked.

Suites never go to saver, well I have not seen one in the past 5 year. If they have any left, someone drops out for example they offer the cabin as an upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The superior deluxe cabins on Azura ...so I assume the same for Ventura ...are lovely cabins. Although long and thin , there is plenty of space and the balconies are a reasonable size. I dont think I would bother to upgrade for 2 nights ...you wouldn't really get much benefit to be honest...imho!

Now if it were for two weeks.....:D

Yes, you are right, DaiB and MM, it really is not worth spending more on an upgrade for just 2 nights. Thinking about it, we just won't be in there long enough and the Superior Deluxes are luxury enough.

I guess I am just nosy about the suites.Maybe one day????? (Dream on says OH)