Teen Spa Questions

I don't believe so, but wasn't looking for one. Just wanted to give you a "heads up" someone posted recently about the pushy sales pitch in the spa and that her teenage daughter had been pressured into extras they weren't planning on. Just a gentle warning!

I don't believe so, but wasn't looking for one. Just wanted to give you a "heads up" someone posted recently about the pushy sales pitch in the spa and that her teenage daughter had been pressured into extras they weren't planning on. Just a gentle warning!

Thank you for the warning. I will watch out for this. She is 16 and on Carnival she has been able to get a massage so I'm hoping Royal Caribbean will allow her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we sailed on Allure 3 years ago,my daughter was q

12. I booked her a teen massage. I signed all the waivers and she went while DH and I enjoyed Chiefs table. We are currently on the Anthem and I was looking for things for my daughter to do. She is now 15. I was told she could only get a massage if I were in the room with her. Same with gum usage. I would have to be with her even after all waivers are signed. Not sure how they work it with 16 yr olds of what the rules on your ship will be.

Lisa

When we sailed on Allure 3 years ago,my daughter was q

12. I booked her a teen massage. I signed all the waivers and she went while DH and I enjoyed Chiefs table. We are currently on the Anthem and I was looking for things for my daughter to do. She is now 15. I was told she could only get a massage if I were in the room with her. Same with gum usage. I would have to be with her even after all waivers are signed. Not sure how they work it with 16 yr olds of what the rules on your ship will be.

Lisa

Thank you for the info. My daughter won't care if I'm in the room as long as she can get a massage :)

• 7 months later...

We are sailing on the Grandeur later this year - I searched for the answer to the questions if teens can book spa appointments. My 14 year old twin daughters would love this as a Christmas gift. They have experience with a local spa and love the pampering. I am sure the ships don't love this because they can't give their sales pitch to the teen - not authorized to buy.

Does anyone have a real answer if this is available? Or should I plan a beach massage somewhere?

My daughter went to the spa for a facial when she was 11. She was not allowed to have a massage at that age, but 16 could be different. I assume there is a major liability issue with touching a partially dressed underage person, even if it's a female masseuse. Too many litigious people out there make it risky for the company. But maybe?