Kids meal portion size

garebarepups

My husband and I both have the SDP, are 12 year old daughter does not. Was thinking of purchasing the SDP for her but looking at the menu's I don't think she would be interested in what the restaurants have. Just wondering the portion size of the meals for kids. Or take her to the buffet before we eat and she can go to the kids club. Our 90 days til sailing will be coming up just trying to figure out dining times around the kids club.

Yes, she can come to any specialty restaurant with you and order off the kids menu without paying a upcharge. If you're worried about portion size, she can order more than one thing off the kids menu as well.... and they had several different options for "courses" on the kids menu with fruit, a salad, and soup listed that would work for a starter for example.

I'm a little unclear on what OP is asking. You and your husband have SDP, your child does not. You were going to buy it for your child but you think your child won't like any of the food in the specialties?

You can get the same kids meals (for free) in the specialties that you get in the main dining room. You could always order two of them if you want more food or more variety.

Since many of the specialty restaurants are now a la carte, you could always bring her with you each time. If she sees something she likes, just order and pay for it. She can get anything (appetizers, entrees, dessert) a la carte. If not, then she could get a kids meal.

We were on the Gem in May. Our kids (7 & 5) ordered from the children's menu when we ate at a specialty restaurant. On several occasions, it took longer for their food to arrive than ours. So we learned to order their food/juice as soon as we sat down. Our kids tried the mac & cheese (good portion size/full bowl). I think the chicken tenders, PBJ and pizza would be on the small side for a 12 year olds dinner. We didn't order any of the other options, chicken soup, hot dog and pasta with sauce I believe.

The PB&J is large. 3 slices of bread with pb between 2 and j between the center and third slice. Served with either chips or fries depending on which restaurant we ordered it from. Chicken fingers were also a pretty good size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our son, who generally loves to eat out at home (which we do a lot), had absolutely no patience at that age to sit through a long specialty meal with us -- there was just way too much to do! Even though he loved the menu choices, all he wanted was to get a quick bite in the buffet, then head back to the club, or run around with new friends, or whatever. Just something to keep in mind...

Lucky you no way I could get my 12 YO to order off the kids menu.

With a la carte menu she can always choose a item or 2 and you pay for it separate. In addiction to the free kids menu.

My kids enjoy the family dinner. They don't find it to long but we eat early so that might help. I know at say a 8pm dinner they would rather be at the teen party