Alaska Prices

Mwright91

My apologies if this has already been discussed...I did a search and went back multiple pages and couldn't find anything (feel free to point me in the right direction).

I've been researching Alaskan cruises for the 2017 season. Has anyone else noticed the outrageous NCL prices? I would like to sail with them, but I can't seem to justify $1,199 pp for a balcony on the Eurodam vs $1,890 pp on the Pearl.

I've never been to Alaska, but it doesn't seem like it would be a booze cruise like the Caribbean. I doubt we would drink more than the required tips for that promo. I would sail on the Pearl again in a heartbeat, but that price difference pp is more than the airfare.

Anyone have any clue to their pricing strategy for these cruises /what is going on?

My apologies if this has already been discussed...I did a search and went back multiple pages and couldn't find anything (feel free to point me in the right direction).

I've been researching Alaskan cruises for the 2017 season. Has anyone else noticed the outrageous NCL prices? I would like to sail with them, but I can't seem to justify $1,199 pp for a balcony on the Eurodam vs $1,890 pp on the Pearl.

I've never been to Alaska, but it doesn't seem like it would be a booze cruise like the Caribbean. I doubt we would drink more than the required tips for that promo. I would sail on the Pearl again in a heartbeat, but that price difference pp is more than the airfare.

Anyone have any clue to their pricing strategy for these cruises /what is going on?

Princess and HAL will be cheaper in Alaska just due to the number of ships they have in Alaska. They can better pricing on many things because are physically committed to the state with their lodges , buses and other facilities . NCL having only two ships doesn't have the leverage due having only two ships.

Princess and HAL will be cheaper in Alaska just due to the number of ships they have in Alaska. They can better pricing on many things because are physically committed to the state with their lodges , buses and other facilities . NCL having only two ships doesn't have the leverage due having only two ships.

The Sun, Pearl and Jewel are all three in Alaska this season, but your point still remains. Princess and HAL are both cheaper than NCL, and better lines for most people. Celebrity is reasonably priced next to NCL as well.

Well of course NCL offers UBP as an optional incentive !

Are your comparisons for cruises in similar time period and departure port ?

However, that $1199 Eurodam balcony price looks low to me.

Whatever is quoted will change for sure.