Group Booking

JohnHall1965

I guess I am the group leader for an upcoming cruise that we are going to have possibly up to 14 cabins , I read on the website about the 2 cruise free thing , but to me that seems like I am cruising on my friends and I am curious if NCL will let us all pay and then take the 2 cruiser fare and distribute it equally through the group as an OBC ? I tried to call the groups department but they were closed . Thanks

But be sure when you set up the Group either with NCL or with a TA that you set it up so you get control of the TC credit and the GAP points. The TC credit is the free cruise, even though it is not free.

NCL offers two types of Groups, one option gives you 2 free berths with each 7 cabins, but has no perks...the other gives you 1 free berth for every 7 cabins but allows you to choose a perk or two perks depending on which list you choose from.

TC credit is based off of the cruise fare of the cabin category that has sold the most within the group. it is the basic cost, and does not include the taxes and government taxes and fees. They will let you distribute this across the members, but it does not finalize until after final payment and closer to the sailing date.

Remember if you book through a TA that you want the TC and GAP points...Many will set up a group on their own and book you into their group...When they do that they tend to give you the GAP point perks, but tend to keep the TC credit value as extra commission.

Options for Group Cruising

Norwegian Cruise Line is thrilled to offer the following new options of benefits and amenities for you to customize your group's needs.

Option 1: For every 14 passengers and 7 cabins, 2 cruise free

-OR-

Option 2: For every 14 passengers and 7 cabins, 1 cruises free

PLUS your choice from the following amenities:

Choose One: •Choice of an Ultimate Beverage Package*

•Pre-Paid Service Charges***

OR Choose Two: •250-minute Internet package

•$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit**

•Four-Day Specialty Dining Package***

•20 Image Photo Package

•$75 OBC

•$75 Fundraiser Credit

•$75 Bonus Commission

* For first and second guest in each stateroom . UBP option not available on Norwegian Sky or Pride of America

**Maximum of four ports

***For first and second guest in each stateroom

I'm going through the same thing with our group. I was told that you cannot get the free cruise fares, aka tour conductor credit, as an OBC. You can, however, use it to pay the final balance, effectively lowering the per person price of the cruise. Hope that makes sense.

You can not get it as a OBC for each passenger, but you can have it applied to as many or as few cabins as you wish equally.

It is a bit of a accounting night mare as the TC credit does not firm up before final payment is due. But after applying the TC credit across the rooms, anyone with too much money being paid, will receive a refund of the difference.

It will be slightly different when dealing direct with NCL over a TA, as the TA has the mechanism to be paying "net" not "Gross" so it really does take a bit of work getting it figured out. It is easy for the TA to split it between cabins, but the caveat is, be careful if you are playing close to the 7 cabins or multiple thereof....cause a cancellation at the last minute could wipe out the TC credit all together.

I had asked this once before but you people seem to understand the group bookings alot better.

My buddy along with a travel agent set up one of these group bookings. I was told that the UBP is included and I don't have to pay the 18% because it is a group booking. I spoke with someone at NCL who wasnt sure and another person who confirmed...However, I'm still suspicious. My amenity invoice lists UBP for myself and fiance for day 1 with total due of $0.00. Is there anywhere in any documentation that would list the 18% for this? My confirmation shows fares, port fees, and pre paid service charges.

Any help on this is appreciated. thanks.

I had asked this once before but you people seem to understand the group bookings alot better.

My buddy along with a travel agent set up one of these group bookings. I was told that the UBP is included and I don't have to pay the 18% because it is a group booking. I spoke with someone at NCL who wasnt sure and another person who confirmed...However, I'm still suspicious. My amenity invoice lists UBP for myself and fiance for day 1 with total due of $0.00. Is there anywhere in any documentation that would list the 18% for this? My confirmation shows fares, port fees, and pre paid service charges.

Any help on this is appreciated. thanks.

This is correct. For an affinity booking (meaning you and your fellow cruises have something in common, not just a group allocated by a Travel Agent), you can choose the UBP as the complimentary amenity and WILL NOT have to pay the 18% service charge. It's a great perk!

This is correct. For an affinity booking (meaning you and your fellow cruises have something in common, not just a group allocated by a Travel Agent), you can choose the UBP as the complimentary amenity and WILL NOT have to pay the 18% service charge. It's a great perk!

Im glad to get confirmation on that. When someone at NCL isn't sure, it makes you wonder. The 2nd person did say what you are saying, but I hate when I get multiple responses from a company.

I'd also be very angry to show up for my cruise sunday morning and get hit with unexpected charges. Let alone I cant bring my own water... :)