Port of Marseille - Transport to town

I'm looking for anyone with recent experience on the Epic during a stop at Marseille. We will be getting there on Sat, Oct 1st and want to get into Marseille so as to make connections to visit Cassis...but, the port is huge and the information about transportation somewhat confusing. I've read postings about people waiting in long lines for buses, etc. Other posts refer to NCL providing shuttle buses (for a price) but the people at the NCL Excursion desk know nothing about them. They say perhaps it's something you book after you board, similar to the "tender" tickets for Cannes. Can anyone shed some light on this for us?

When you mention the NCL excursion desk, I assume you are mean you have phoned NCL, rather than meaning that the onboard shore excursion desk doesn't know about it.

According to the freestyle daily, the shuttle tickets are $15 per adult ($10 children) round trip and can be purchased at the shore excursion desk or at the pier.

CruiseSmith123, you can also look into taking a taxi. Depending on how many people you have in your group, it might be cheaper. We were a group of 5 and walked right up to the taxi stand last Saturday around 9 am and immediately got into a van. The taxi stand was extremely easy to find at the port. It was 15 euro for all 5 of us to get to Old Port area and 13 euro to get back. Admittedly, it did take us about 10 minutes to catch a van cab on the way back but we were in a bit of an odd location (we had went out in a snorkeling boat and were at some sort of dock). It might be more expensive for you to taxi but for us it was more affordable and efficient than the shuttle. Thought I would throw out another option :)

ETA: If you do take a taxi, be sure to wear a seatbelt. The taxi driver told me he was "friends with all the cops" so he didn't need to worry about speeding...

Edited by Midwest_Traveler

Midwest Traveler...Thank you so much. Your's is the most current info' I've gotten, since you were just there. We weren't sure how easy it is to catch a taxi at the port and you make it sound very doable. Also, for three of us it's actually cheaper than the shuttle. Given your information we'll probably opt to take a taxi to town, then rent a car for the day so we can see Cassis and the Calanques at our own pace. We'll just have to be sure to "dodge" your taxi driver who's so friendly with the police!!! Thanks again.

It was 15 euro for all 5 of us to get to Old Port area and 13 euro to get back.

it was more affordable and efficient than the shuttle. Thought I would throw out another option :)

According to the freestyle daily, the shuttle tickets are $15 per adult ($10 children) round trip and can be purchased at the shore excursion desk or at the pier.

Well thats a no brainer . Taxi it is .

I had heard about a free shuttle sponsored by the city of Marseille but can't find any concrete info . If not taxi is fine .