Why does Royal need my CC username?

I am new to both going on a cruise and the CC boards...so forgive me for a really dumb question about M&M's on your cruise.

My question is this: I am here on CC and want to do the M&M on my cruise, however I am cruising with my mom that is NOT on CC. Would she be able to go to the M&M on the cruise because I am on CC or would she have to join CC to be able to go the M&M also??????

I am the CC member but travel with hubby. We get 2 invites in the room, both with my screename. If I remember correctly, when you register, it asks for either the number in your party, or maybe the just assume all those tied to the reservation. We love the M&M, especially when we have an active roll call.

Erika

Privacy? Are you worried someone will have a connection between your real name and your cruise critic name? I think I already know you, isn't your name Perry Noya? Just kidding. :p The attempt is to keep it a private function, As Bob said, you can put anything you want there.

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3] I must admit that I felt a brief moment of panic that you would publish poor Perry's real name without his permission.

Very funny.

Happy cruising.

OP here. I love the Perry Noya! I'm going to steal that to describe folks I know in both my personal and professional life! And yes, I admit, I'm a nervous Nelly, but the paranoia was planted on CC - someone here said Royal cross checks the names with posts. I can't help but remember all the questions I've asked about bringing on alcohol/wine/etc over the years (different cruise lines). Thanks for the laugh!

I'll tell you where my "Perry Noya" is. I won't join a facebook roll call because most people's facebook accounts use their real name. So in many cases, John Doe of Utica NY announces to the world that he will not be in his home for 7 full days from July 18th through the 25th and dozens if not hundreds of people who only say they are on the same cruise can see that. If someone wanted to go to a site like anywho.com and search for all the John Does in Utica, they can probably find his home address with little trouble. I got into an argument about that with a "moderator" of one Royal group who told me that only people on the cruise are in the group and I reminded him that only people who say they are on the cruise are in the group and then I made a comment to him about how nice it was to have a beautiful park right across the street from where he lives. :eek:

I'll tell you where my "Perry Noya" is. I won't join a facebook roll call because most people's facebook accounts use their real name. So in many cases, John Doe of Utica NY announces to the world that he will not be in his home for 7 full days from July 18th through the 25th and dozens if not hundreds of people who only say they are on the same cruise can see that. If someone wanted to go to a site like anywho.com and search for all the John Does in Utica, they can probably find his home address with little trouble. I got into an argument about that with a "moderator" of one Royal group who told me that only people on the cruise are in the group and I reminded him that only people who say they are on the cruise are in the group and then I made a comment to him about how nice it was to have a beautiful park right across the street from where he lives. :eek:

Getting a slightly off the original topic, but someone on one of the roll calls that I participated in shared their land line phone number. Out of concern, I did a reverse phone lookup (just to see if I could) and was able to find their street address and google earth view showed me a really nice house in a nice neighborhood that I (and potentially ANYONE) knew was going to be unoccupied for 2 weeks.

I reported the post explaining my concern and the moderator removed it, no problem at all.

Everyone needs to be careful not to post identifiable information on these anonymous boards.

I always have been of the opinion that having your CC name on the Meet and Mingle name tag was solely for the purpose of helping us identify people we've been corresponding with on the thread for the cruise - not so Royal could create some sort of data base. That would take a huge amount of effort (as has been previously stated).

Getting a slightly off the original topic,.

Well, the original topic was asked and answered so I intenionally steered it way off course.;) Hopefully I haven' let enough clues for the thread police to find me and beat me up! :D Actually if you re-read all 23000 of my posts a good detective could figure out who and where I am. I just make it too easy. I probably should get a new email address, I've used this one for 13 years now and the spam is now at 90%

I am the CC member but travel with hubby. We get 2 invites in the room, both with my screename. If I remember correctly, when you register, it asks for either the number in your party, or maybe the just assume all those tied to the reservation. We love the M&M, especially when we have an active roll call.

Erika

Yep, it asks for the number of people! DH and DS aren't members here but I put them down and we all get invites. Not that we've ever gone. The one time we tried to they were a little late and there was no one in the lounge when they got in there. Disappointing.

I got into an argument about that with a "moderator" of one Royal group who told me that only people on the cruise are in the group and I reminded him that only people who say they are on the cruise are in the group and then I made a comment to him about how nice it was to have a beautiful park right across the street from where he lives. :eek:

I love how you pointed out that it's only people who SAY they are on the cruise.

And that you went creeper on him. Seriously, love it. :)

And who the heck is to say that cruisers aren't criminals??? They might very well be on the cruise AND be a criminal. They might have relatives who are staying home and will want to help fund the next cruise.