Voyager of the Sea, old pictures this the way it is!

jckvpa0

I just booked a cruise on Voyager of the Sea, ( really happy I did!), & have been looking at pictures of the rooms. The bedding looks really old, something you might see in an old Howard Johnson's, is the case?

I have just been on one cruise, the Carnival Conquest, but the bedding was great!!! Down comforters with white Deuvets. The pillows & mattress were also great!

What about bathrobes? Do they have them?

Thanks in advance for all your replies, really looking forward to this cruise!

No, the way you see it is the way it is. Carnival has down comforters for suites only right now, but is in the process of updating to down on all ships, I believe. Rccl has no plans for that as far as I have heard. Maybe on new Freedom? That would be nice.

I was on the Carnival Miracle and it had down comforters in every room. I was in an Inside room and my fiancee was in an inside quad room, and even the uppers had the down. Miracle also had robes in every room (only 2 robes in the quad room) and I heard RCL had them in all rooms also. Can anyone confirm if Balcony on Mariner has robes.

RCI doesn't offer robes except to Platinum C&A members and up (and maybe in suites).

Really? That is to bad, I booked this cruise on a whim. I was going to get a JS. but decided on just a balcony to save $1,000.00 to spend on better things :D !, glad I did!!!

I know its not the norm,but its not unheard of either..

We have had Robes in all three balcony rooms...This one on Mariner was only an E1...

You can also ask your Steward...If you catch them early enough,they can usually accomodate you.

Ok another question, sorry I just booked this on Sun. night & have not had much time to research. Do they have alternative dinning, you know more upscale & I can pay for it separate?

I know Mariner has Portofino's which is an italian restaurant with a $20 surcharge, and I think they may also have Chops which is a steakhouse. Both are for ages 13 and up.

I know Mariner has Portofino's which is an italian restaurant with a $20 surcharge, and I think they may also have Chops which is a steakhouse. Both are for ages 13 and up.

I think I did just read that they have a restaurant called Portofino for $20.00. To me if they have great food & service it's worth it!!! I think I also read that they do not have that Restaurant called Chops, too bad!

<<Ok another question, sorry I just booked this on Sun. night & have not had much time to research. Do they have alternative dinning, you know more upscale & I can pay for it separate?

The Voyager does have Portofinos, not sure about Chops. Are you going 11/13 to Bermuda, by chance?

The bedding is as it appears. I think the color scheme is Scandinavian. As for bathrobes, just ask the room steward and he will get them for you. I believe you will be very impressed withh the Voyager. There is a Portifino's Restaurant ($20.00 pp tip included). You will love it!! Bon Voyage........

No, the way you see it is the way it is. Carnival has down comforters for suites only right now, but is in the process of updating to down on all ships, I believe. Rccl has no plans for that as far as I have heard. Maybe on new Freedom? That would be nice.

Carnival has the new bedding including an all new sleep system that is the most comfortable bed that I have slept in on a ship. They also upgraded the sheets, pillow, pillow cases and the nice soft duvets. This is in all cabins not just suites.

We were so disappointed when We sailed on the 9/23 sailing of the "Voyager"for the 2nd time.

We sailed Her the First time during her Innaugral and what a let down.Naturally She was brand new. The bed mattresses were like hammocks and there were cigarette holes in the little sofa & desk. Pieces of the vanity were chipped and bathroom mirror also. The exteriror parts of the ship, like the dining room and lounges were in good shape but the bedrooms definitely should be redone.The comforters were old and worn and carpeting also in the cabin. It didn't smell fresh either on the musky side.Also reeked of cigarette smoke. We complained to the Purser and He offered to change our cabin as my hubby cannot take any kind of cigarette smoke and has a heart condition. and when We looked at the other cabin it was in worse condition so We stayed where We were.Our Room Steward was excellent. He tried his best to get rid of the cigarette smoke but forget it. It was a long 9 days. It was very uncomfortable to say the least to sleep.The mattresses were horrible to sleep on. I would never resail the same ship again. Many passengers We met along the way complained of the state of their cabins. It wasn't just us. It was a big let down as We knew this ship when She was new and now to see the difference made up our minds to only sail the new ships. We paid enough and it was so disappointing. Passengers are responsible for the state of the cabins and its a shame they do not have the respect to take care of the cabins when they stay in them.

We were on the Voyager this June and my kids room had the mattress replaced ( all the cabins on their side were having new mattresses). The beds are not the most comfortable but not the worst either.

Hi Alexkrn46,

We were on the same cruise in June. Sorry to say but, I was not happy with our cabin which was a balcony. We were on Deck 6, the balcony was to closed in with metal all around. The mattress was not by all means comfortable. We were on Carnival and I have to say the balconys and bed mattresses were great. I'm not putting the Voyager down by no means, it's a great ship but would not sail her again.:(

The bedding is as it appears. I think the color scheme is Scandinavian. As for bathrobes, just ask the room steward and he will get them for you. I believe you will be very impressed withh the Voyager. There is a Portifino's Restaurant ($20.00 pp tip included). You will love it!! Bon Voyage........

Thanks Joey, I do plan on tipping the steward when I get there & will ask for bathrobes.

I know we will be going to Portifino's,I would like to go to the dinning room & get to know some table mates, but I know my dh would enjoy Portifino's everynight. Just might have to vib & tell him you have to wear a suit in there every night ;) !

Archived