Speak Easy

Sailing on the Oasis in October and see that they are offering a "Speak Easy" event. Would love to hear from those that attended one of these events and if you think it was worth the $35 (we have drink package). Also did everyone dress the part?

Thank you in advance for any and all information.

Nancy

Some who have the drinks package have posted they shouldn't have to pay extra for the party. To me that's a personal issue but as to the party it self DW and I had a ball. Prior to the cruise it was fun finding 20s clothing, accessories, etc. (spats, long cigarette holders, fake cigars/cigarettes, flapper dress) Probably 90% had on 20s style clothing. It does require a lot of participation by attendees but it's well worth attending. Mine was from 1030 PM for about two hours.

Our Prohibition Party was a blast. Our group (9) all dressed in costumes. I think you have more fun if you get in the spirit and participate. I was amazed at the full-out professional costumes. Think Downton abbey first season. Some of those costumes must have cost plenty. We didn't spend much of anything, just a black dress shirt and white tie with boutonnière and suspenders. Fedora. I wore flapper dress, long beads. I got DH's shirt and suspenders at Goodwill, brand new. They were selling cheap Fedoras on board.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app