Retreat Cabanas on the K-dam

Denverbri69

Has anyone used the Retreat area yet? We are doing the Rome to Ft lauderdale sailing on Oct 24th. On all of our other sailings we booked a cabana for the duration of the cruise and thoroughly enjoyed it. But the other cruises were in the Carribean and no a TA.

The price for the 16 days is reasonable and i rather like it new location on the ship.

I want to know if anyone has booked the Retreat cabanas yet. How did they find the service and location?

What kind of weather would we expect Crossing the Atlantic during 1st week in November? And would it worth the risk of prepaying for the duration.

Any other experiences and thought not mentioned here would be appreciated.:D

:) _ same here _ i luv the retreat cabanas, I all ways book them on the NA and the Eurodam__. I settle in and I can do my reading ,writing, and do a little watercolour painting and leave my stuff there while I do other things,,:)

:) _ same here _ i luv the retreat cabanas, I all ways book them on the NA and the Eurodam__. I settle in and I can do my reading ,writing, and do a little watercolour painting and leave my stuff there while I do other things,,:)

But have you used the Retreat on the Kdam?

I canceled my K'dam retreat cabana after seeing photos and realizing they were smaller than on the Eurodam & NA. Specifically, they no longer have the dining table with 2 chairs. I wasn't interested in paying for a cabana that only fit the 2 chaise lounges and a tiny square cocktail table. I also was concerned about the higher # of cabanas sharing the area, so I decided not to bother and instead booked a REAL retreat cabana for my Eurodam cruise (about 4 month after K'dam). While on K'dam I'll find a chaise lounge somewhere, and since it's my first time on the ship I'll explore the different venues rather than park myself in the retreat all day!

Sue/WDW1972

Koningsdam 12/4/16

Eurodam 3/25/17

Has anyone used the Retreat area yet? We are doing the Rome to Ft lauderdale sailing on Oct 24th. On all of our other sailings we booked a cabana for the duration of the cruise and thoroughly enjoyed it. But the other cruises were in the Carribean and no a TA.

The price for the 16 days is reasonable and i rather like it new location on the ship.

I want to know if anyone has booked the Retreat cabanas yet. How did they find the service and location?

What kind of weather would we expect Crossing the Atlantic during 1st week in November? And would it worth the risk of prepaying for the duration.

Any other experiences and thought not mentioned here would be appreciated.:D

I truly question the cabana concept, Denverbri69. I would possibly consider a cabana if I had an inside cabin or one with an obscured view. I might desire the openness of the cabana to escape the felt confinement of my cabin. Why would anyone choose the cabana who has a balcony cabin? Is not the balcony a private cabana of sorts? Besides, there are so many places on board where a person may sit, relax, read a book, sleep, and play with an iPad to make the need for a cabana not much of a choice. Jack

"I truly question the cabana concept, Denverbri69. I would possibly consider a cabana if I had an inside cabin or one with an obscured view. I might desire the openness of the cabana to escape the felt confinement of my cabin. Why would anyone choose the cabana who has a balcony cabin? Is not the balcony a private cabana of sorts? Besides, there are so many places on board where a person may sit, relax, read a book, sleep, and play with an iPad to make the need for a cabana not much of a choice. Jack"

This is from someone who generally travels in suites or balcony cabins. On the ships that have a decent Retreat Cabana area (that would not be the K-dam) I book one of the very large J cabins and then book a Retreat Cabana. You save a lot of $$$, have morning coffee brought to you by the cabana stewards (and breakfast and lunch, too - if you want) chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the afternoon and a private and generally quiet area to relax. It's the best of both worlds in my view.

That said, I wouldn't book a cabana on the K-dam, based on the photos I've seen, because of the small size and lack of a table and chairs.

I have seen the photos of the regular retreat cabanas on the Kdam but would like to hear from someone as to the size (new size?) of the Family Retreat Cabana on the Kdam.

Anyone?

I think there is another thread on the HAL site that has pictures of the cabanas on the K-dam. They are indeed smaller than the ones on the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. It also appears there are canvas sides instead of the fixed panels. I'd would also like a first hand review from someone who has used one on the K- dam.

Edited by 81Zoomie