Loyalty scheme P&O cruisers

Elviex

Hi all, we are regular P&O cruisers looking at a Princess cruise next year. I believe our loyalty status with them will count for Princess cruises, but I can't find anything at all about the scheme on line. Could someone kindly point we in the right direction? Many thanks!

Hi all, we are regular P&O cruisers looking at a Princess cruise next year. I believe our loyalty status with them will count for Princess cruises, but I can't find anything at all about the scheme on line. Could someone kindly point we in the right direction? Many thanks!

Look here.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page

Princess gives credit for cruises on P&O. Loyalty levels is based on number of cruises(cruise credits) or number of days.

With many of our cruises with P&O (some before Princess existed:)) I can tell you that Princess will honor all of your P&O cruises. If you can find evidence or a history showing these cruises, you can contact Princess Captain Circle Host at HQ or wait until onboard and show it to the Captain Circle Host(ess) . They can take care of it.

Now P&O, on the other hand does not do the same for us Yanks. I was a member in the POSH club starting a long time ago (1971 on my membership card) then newer Posh club followed by Portunus club. Not sure where I am now but have both Ruby and Sapphire membership cards. Not having traveled with P&O since the Aurora world cruise left us without a cruise when it broke down I found that my attempts to book with P&O meant I would have to start over? ( I have well over 100 cruises and 1500 sea days between the two.) I have found P&O to be far less caring as us YANKS are concerned. Sorry for the rant:)

Not sure why you are bringing nationality into it. P&O don't credit UK passengers cruises with Princess either. They're equally mean to everyone.

Sorry about that. When I last checked P&O was allowing Princess cruises booked in the UK, but not here, to receive credit. I think there is also a use them or lose them time frame (3 years) but that probably applies to all. We actually gave PandO another go following the Aurora disaster. On that cruise, I asked the Host of frequent travelers pretty much the same question about counting cruises and was told basically they prefer that we not cruise with them. Of course I reported that to the head office and got "shrugs"?:confused:

Sorry about that. When I last checked P&O was allowing Princess cruises booked in the UK, but not here, to receive credit. I think there is also a use them or lose them time frame (3 years) but that probably applies to all. We actually gave PandO another go following the Aurora disaster. On that cruise, I asked the Host of frequent travelers pretty much the same question about counting cruises and was told basically they prefer that we not cruise with them. Of course I reported that to the head office and got "shrugs"?:confused:

As far as I know P&O have never treated any US cruiser any worse than they have treated UK Princess cruisers. Like Princess P&O have vast numbers of repeat cruisers.and so many cruises are top heavy with high tier members. I suspect that they cut the link to stop this getting worse.

Of course, as far as I can see, P&O do not actively seek passengers outside the UK.

Now perhaps this will change in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

P&O do not return the loyalty status for UK Princess cruisers either, I think they are missing a trick here as the fight for cruisers intensify with deals between all cruise companies.

Just one note though, MSC offers loyalty status match to all cruisers from all companies providing they can prove their status on another line, we have just completed this and received their highest black card level. This is available for people of all nations, so they see an opportunity to get more business!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When P&O owned Princess the loyalty schemes went both ways. Following the merger with Carnival to create Carnival Corporation, P&O reduced the scheme to recognise only 50% of Princess cruises, so 10 Princess was worth 5 on P&O. A few years ago P&O stopped recognising Princess completely, but Princess maintained the P&O cruise count.

With many of our cruises with P&O (some before Princess existed:)) I can tell you that Princess will honor all of your P&O cruises. If you can find evidence or a history showing these cruises, you can contact Princess Captain Circle Host at HQ or wait until onboard and show it to the Captain Circle Host(ess) . They can take care of it.

Now P&O, on the other hand does not do the same for us Yanks. I was a member in the POSH club starting a long time ago (1971 on my membership card) then newer Posh club followed by Portunus club. Not sure where I am now but have both Ruby and Sapphire membership cards. Not having traveled with P&O since the Aurora world cruise left us without a cruise when it broke down I found that my attempts to book with P&O meant I would have to start over? ( I have well over 100 cruises and 1500 sea days between the two.) I have found P&O to be far less caring as us YANKS are concerned. Sorry for the rant:)

That's one reason I probably will never go on P&O - now, if they decided to acknowledge all the cruises I've taken between Sitmar and Princess and I'm Elite (or whatever they call it), then maybe I'd consider it but not when I'd be a newcomer and having nada.

Laurie