Carnival Fare Viewer Questions

beckzay

This may be a stupid question, but anyway...

The fare they show on the fare viewer doesn't include taxes and port fees, right? Also, if I see a price that's lower than what I currently have booked what is the next step? Is there a form? Can anyone explain the whole process to this newbie :)

Thanks!

This may be a stupid question, but anyway...

The fare they show on the fare viewer doesn't include taxes and port fees, right? Also, if I see a price that's lower than what I currently have booked what is the next step? Is there a form? Can anyone explain the whole process to this newbie :)

Thanks!

If you booked early saver rates, you can apply for the price drop at the online form or by calling Carnival's 800 number (or your PVP if you use one) up until a couple days before your cruise. If you did not book early saver rates, you can usually get the price drop if it is before the final payment due date. Without early saver, you're likely out of luck after final payment due date.

Some people have reported problems using the online form and thus prefer calling instead. Also be aware if a lower fare is for a cabin guarantee, which means Carnival picks the cabin and you only book a particular category, Carnival will usually not let you price match to that. The advertised fare must be for a rate that allows you to pick your own cabin. One example of that is a "Super Saver" rate.

Have a great cruise!