How to get to Post-cruise Car Rental in Ft Lauderdale

maritimer

We want to rent a car in Fort Lauderdale where we are staying after our Princess cruise. There are 4 adults in our group.

Since there don't appear to be any car rental locations at Port Everglades, our options would seem to be to take the Princess bus to the car rental places at Fort Lauderdale airport, or get a taxi.

My concern about taking the Princess bus to the airport is that my last experience taking it (several years ago) was awful. They wouldn't let you get your bags at the curb, you had to wait for ages inside the terminal until they delivered all the bags to one central location. Do they still do this?

If we get a taxi, is there a better location than the airport to pick up the car rental?

Any advice or information would be much appreciated!

Budget car rental has an office on 17th St at the Quay which is very close to the pier. You can reserve a car there and they will come to the ship and pick you up and take you back to their office for the paperwork.

We want to rent a car in Fort Lauderdale where we are staying after our Princess cruise. There are 4 adults in our group.

Since there don't appear to be any car rental locations at Port Everglades, our options would seem to be to take the Princess bus to the car rental places at Fort Lauderdale airport, or get a taxi.

My concern about taking the Princess bus to the airport is that my last experience taking it (several years ago) was awful. They wouldn't let you get your bags at the curb, you had to wait for ages inside the terminal until they delivered all the bags to one central location. Do they still do this?

If we get a taxi, is there a better location than the airport to pick up the car rental?

I assume you are staying at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale? Some large hotels have on-site rental locations. If not, you ought to be able to arrange for a rental car through the concierge.

I assume you are staying at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale? Some large hotels have on-site rental locations. If not, you ought to be able to arrange for a rental car through the concierge.

We just grabbed a taxi outside of the pier. It was actually a guy driving a beat up excursion. I'm not even sure that he was with a company now that I look back on it. Ask the price up front. He grabbed the two of us and another couple to go to the airport. I'm not sure how much they were charged, but he charged us $20. I thought sharing would have made it less expensive!

We used National for a post cruise car rental. We had a late evening flight so rented the car to drive around for the day. National had a shuttle bus that picked up right outside the cruise terminal. the actual rental location was the same off sight center they used for the airport. We returned our car to the same place we oicked it up and took a seperate shuttle to the airport for our flights.

I suggest you CALL the rental car companies as their on-line systems don't seem to handle the different yet the the same pick up and return locations.

good question and thanks for asking-- I , too am looking to rent a car in FLL after a cruise and drive to MIA to stay overnight. (plane fare was much cheaper there then FLL) I am not having luck in finding what companies do have shuttles to the airport. We have someone in a scooter and want it to be a mild transition to get the car to get to the hotel

Archived