Transferring our cruise?

cocacola86

We put 1800 down on the Magic and owe about 1500 on it, what happens if you book a 5 day Sunshine cruise for example that's about 1200, yes it would pay off the cruise but what happens to the rest of the money? Your thoughts, we can afford the other cruise but it makes more financial sense for right now and we also have Vista booked for the next year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

depending how you booked.....(early saver, past guest, residency, etc).

If before final payment date and you didn't book Early saver.....the difference will be refunded to the credit/debit card you use.

Early saver booking has a different set of rules.

So to answer your ?, what rate did you book?

Edited by ladylikes2cruise

We booked ES, but it says if you do cancel it the penalty is 500

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

do not cancel, repeat, do not cancel.....

Call and tell them that you want to transfer your booking and confirmation number to a new booking.

I have done this in the past a few times....twice they did not charge me the $50 per person penalty and once they did:(.

In any rate, depending on how many are booked, you still may come out ahead....with either a refund or OBC.

Remember even if you swap cruises, you will remain ES and still able to possibly catch a price drop:cool:

Btw, are you before final payment date:confused:

Edited by ladylikes2cruise

Only one that would be in our price range that we could probably pay off with the money we've got in the Magic is a balcony on a 5 day Triumph. I apologize I said 1800 but as I looked we put 1800 CDN down which gave us 1200 US

do not cancel, repeat, do not cancel.....

Call and tell them that you want to transfer your booking and confirmation number to a new booking.

I have done this in the past a few times....twice they did not charge me the $50 per person penalty and once they did:(.

In any rate, depending on how many are booked, you still may come out ahead....with either a refund or OBC.

Remember even if you swap cruises, you will remain ES and still able to possibly catch a price drop:cool:

Btw, are you before final payment date:confused:

This is the right advice. I transferred two bookings earlier this year, and I did have to eat the $50 per person fee. If you cancel, you lose the $50 per person, and the balance of the money is held, and can be applied to a future cruise, but not towards the deposit. That is why if you know what your next cruise will be, transfer the booking!

Just feel like the Triumph or 5 days wont be as good as a 7 day or the Magic

I would feel the same way, and I liked my cruises on the Triumph.:)

Edited by Jamman54

How did you like the 5 day? But it's easier on the wallet and spending a couple of days in NO

Well, my cruises on the Triumph were when she was new. For me 7 days is always better than 5! :D We have yet to sail from NO, but it is on our bucket list.

My thing is we can afford to do the Magic but it's tight, so I dunno our fp isn't due till Jan 30 I believe but right now we're having a problem booking airfare through Carnival

Just feel like the Triumph or 5 days wont be as good as a 7 day or the Magic

Probably won't be.

But it's still a cruise and will be enjoyable.

My thing is we can afford to do the Magic but it's tight, so I dunno our fp isn't due till Jan 30 I believe but right now we're having a problem booking airfare through Carnival

Have you tried airfare from other sites. We have had great look with southwest! No baggage fees have been a big plus too! However, there are so many available search engines to compare and you may find it cheaper to use multiple carriers, it just takes patience but it's worth it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only way we might be able to book our airfare is book our one way to Orlando and than book the return leg at a different time good or bad idea, I don't really want to give up the Magic if I can