Oasis Owners Loft Suite 1701

When these rooms (1758/1701) were built it was very awkward as there indeed was no door between the living room and bedroom. Combine this with the fact that at night, the reflection on the window in the bedroom would give everybody in the living room a show if they were in the right spot. Eventually they put a sliding frosted glass door there, in one of them (I forget which) they have a curtain.

When these rooms (1758/1701) were built it was very awkward as there indeed was no door between the living room and bedroom. Combine this with the fact that at night, the reflection on the window in the bedroom would give everybody in the living room a show if they were in the right spot. Eventually they put a sliding frosted glass door there, in one of them (I forget which) they have a curtain.

Great to know, Thanks for the info. Have you stayed in either of these rooms, if so witch one? I'm excited about our up coming cruise in Feb. We are not worried about privacy since it will be just my DH and myself staying in the room.

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser

I've stayed in both. Aside from 1740, these two are my favorite suites on Oasis-class ships, particularly because of the bedroom and the new "modern" decor, which feels very unlike a ship's cabin and much more like a high-end hotel. That bathroom is gorgeous.

Between the two, 1701 is quite a bit wider throughout the living room, where as 1758 is a bit narrower in that area. The bedroom is roughly the same on both. If there's any significant cost difference, 1758 is almost as nice for a few thousand less.

The one downside is that the balcony on both rooms is really small, compared to suites in other categories. With the jacuzzi and lounge chairs, there's barely any room to stand. Having said that, the fact the bedroom has floor to ceiling windows of the ocean makes up for the lack of balcony space, especially if you take advantage of the suite deck on Deck 17 forward.

Edited by TrojanUSC

I toured 1758 on Allure (we were in an SLS). Which is basically a carbon copy except for the wider living room. I remember there being a door between living and bedroom. But the master bathroom is completely open to the bedroom. You really need to be comfortable with each other :) I actually preferred our Sky Loft.

• 1 year later...
I've stayed in both. Aside from 1740, these two are my favorite suites on Oasis-class ships, particularly because of the bedroom and the new "modern" decor, which feels very unlike a ship's cabin and much more like a high-end hotel. That bathroom is gorgeous.

Between the two, 1701 is quite a bit wider throughout the living room, where as 1758 is a bit narrower in that area. The bedroom is roughly the same on both. If there's any significant cost difference, 1758 is almost as nice for a few thousand less.

The one downside is that the balcony on both rooms is really small, compared to suites in other categories. With the jacuzzi and lounge chairs, there's barely any room to stand. Having said that, the fact the bedroom has floor to ceiling windows of the ocean makes up for the lack of balcony space, especially if you take advantage of the suite deck on Deck 17 forward.

my wife and I have 1758 and my parents have a sky loft booked on Oasis. 1740 has now become available and would save us some money as you have stayed in these what would you recommend. thx