Embarkation Lunch on Liberty

Other than for special groups such as consecutive cruisers, I've never seen embarkation lunch available in the MDR on RC ships.

Right on Bob! The only time that we are allowed to eat in the MDR on "turn around day" is as a consecutive cruiser. Never as we board for the first cruise.

Rick

Small sandwiches, wraps, desserts, cookies, fruit cups, fruit, etc.

Thanks Bob for the wealth of knowledge you add to this site. You have helped me in SO many ways feel comfortable with my choice of RCI and my first cruise overall.

I think we will have a big breakfast (I'm looking at a Tex-Mex place for Migas in Galveston) and then we'll go have a light lunch at Cafe Promenade to keep away from the crowds until the cabin is ready. I'm definitely am going to just go with the flow on embarkation day - get my non-alcoholic frou-frou drink with the umbrella and chill with my meet and mingle group.

Again, thank you so much for all that you add to this site!

Thanks Bob for the wealth of knowledge you add to this site. You have helped me in SO many ways feel comfortable with my choice of RCI and my first cruise overall.

I think we will have a big breakfast (I'm looking at a Tex-Mex place for Migas in Galveston) and then we'll go have a light lunch at Cafe Promenade to keep away from the crowds until the cabin is ready. I'm definitely am going to just go with the flow on embarkation day - get my non-alcoholic frou-frou drink with the umbrella and chill with my meet and mingle group.

Again, thank you so much for all that you add to this site!

You're very welcome, and I hope you have a great cruise!

If you are in a GS is Chops open on embarkation day? Do they have there own menu or do you have to bring your food from windjammer?

Chops would not have a menu on embarkation day. One of Chops or Giovanni would be available for seating for gold card guests.

Chops would not have a menu on embarkation day. One of Chops or Giovanni would be available for seating for gold card guests.

Thank you! Any other perks for gold cards on embarkation day? This is our first RC cruise and we don't want to miss anything!

Thank you! Any other perks for gold cards on embarkation day? This is our first RC cruise and we don't want to miss anything!

Priority check-in and boarding. Access to Concierge Lounge with free specialty coffee.

Will we have access to the concierge lounge as soon as we board?

Yes, your SeaPass card should give you access 24 hours. The actual Concierge will likely not be there until the evening. The specialty coffee machine may or may not be working. There might be some cookies and/or fruit available.

Yes, your SeaPass card should give you access 24 hours. The actual Concierge will likely not be there until the evening. The specialty coffee machine may or may not be working. There might be some cookies and/or fruit available.

Perfect! Like I said it is our first cruise and I want to be able to take advantage of any perks we have, do you have any special tips?

On my Liberty cruise, Chops was for gold card, but as you said no menu on embarkation, so you could bring in food from WJ, I think WJ ran out of seats on 1st day and they let non gold card people sit in Chops during lunch, but normally it is never crowded for breakfast or lunch

I came across this information about the Vision of the Seas on the RC website at the link below. Only a few dates listed. :(

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises?departureCode_GAL=true&shipCode_EN=true&shipCode_GR=true&shipCode_LG=true&shipCode_RH=true&shipCode_VI=true&currentPage=0&action=update

4 night sailings

Thu - 16 Nov 2017

Thu - 30 Nov 2017

Thu - 14 Dec 2017

5 night sailings

Mon - 6 Nov 2017

Mon - 20 Nov 2017

Mon - 4 Dec 2017

Mon - 18 Dec 2017

5 night sailings

Sat - 11 Nov 2017

Sat - 25 Nov 2017

Sat - 9 Dec 2017

Edited by JimAOk1945

I came across this information about the Vision of the Seas on the RC website at the link below. Only a few dates listed. :(

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises?departureCode_GAL=true&shipCode_EN=true&shipCode_GR=true&shipCode_LG=true&shipCode_RH=true&shipCode_VI=true&currentPage=0&action=update

4 night sailings

Thu - 16 Nov 2017

Thu - 30 Nov 2017

Thu - 14 Dec 2017

5 night sailings

Mon - 6 Nov 2017

Mon - 20 Nov 2017

Mon - 4 Dec 2017

Mon - 18 Dec 2017

5 night sailings

Sat - 11 Nov 2017

Sat - 25 Nov 2017

Sat - 9 Dec 2017

I just looked at prices, I know it smaller and older but I could do a royal suite on this one

We will be in an owners suite on Liberty OS and will have access to the concierge/suite lounge. Can alcoholic drinks from the concierge/suite lounge be taken out of the suite lounge into other areas of the ship? into the MDR or to our cabin?

We will be in an owners suite on Liberty OS and will have access to the concierge/suite lounge. Can alcoholic drinks from the concierge/suite lounge be taken out of the suite lounge into other areas of the ship? into the MDR or to our cabin?

They don't seem to care much anymore if you bring drinks out of the lounges.

thank you for your response. you are a huge help in these message boards.

You're welcome, there are a good many helpful folks here.:)

Edited by clarea