4 day Disney Cruise Question

philsr1939

Would like to take the grand kids on this cruise. We will be taking them out of school.When would be the least expensive time to go this year?

Generally when the other kids are in school. In September and October it's still warm and hurricane season scares off some people.

It's also important to book as far in advance as possible. Rates climb as time grows short.

Would like to take the grand kids on this cruise. We will be taking them out of school.When would be the least expensive time to go this year?

Typically the lowest prices are May and September. But the September ones have started being pricier with the addition of the Halloween on the High Seas cruises during that month.

Sadly, there's not a lot of variance in DCL cruises from season to season, but you'll generally find the lowest prices the further out you book. The closer to the cruise that you book, prices are pretty high across the board.

Thanks Guys. I cant believe a 4 day cruise will cost me over 6 Grand.

What category of room are you looking for?

As a suggestion, you could just keep an eye out for the last minute restricted fares. They typically come out (if DCL is going to offer them) after the Paid in Full date for any given cruise (not ALL cruises). You book a type (Interior, Oceanview, Verandah) of room and DCL assigns you a specific room later. These prices are lower than the prevailing rates that you would pay if you book a specific room.

As noted, booking closer to the sail date will engender higher prices.

Least expensive--September, January, May. My personal favorite is September...but as Shmoo said, the Halloween stuff has increased the price.

There are few ways to save on a DCL cruise, but there are those few. There are cabins with partially obstructed views that sell at a lower category than they really are. And there are the *GT promotions that are typically offered after the "paid in full" date on sailings that are not full. Is grandpa a retired military? Again, discount rates. Typically, the Magic and Wonder are a little less than the Dream and Fantasy--whether this matters depends on ages of kids and their interests.

Currently you can take a family of 4 on a 7 night cruise (select dates in August and September) for about $4000 in a balcony cabin on Fl Res, Military, and *GT rates. On a quick look I didn't see any 4 night deals, but if that's what you want, I'd keep checking.

Of course you still need to add transportation to the cruise terminal.