Paying One's Balance Online

jh1809

Noticing that one was now able to pay the balance owing on a cruise online at https://balance.pocruises.com/Logon I thought that would be the easiest way to do it, and duly did so last Monday. It all seemed to go smoothly.

The Logon page says: "Once you have made your payment you can print or save a copy of your confirmation for your records." I duly did that, but I was rather expecting to get either an email or snail mail confirmation as well. However that has not happened, and I was wondering if I ought to be concerned. Has anyone else used this method of payment and, if so, did you receive an email or letter acknowledging your payment?

Thanks to you both. That's reassuring. I did check my debit card to make sure that it had been paid, but I was just slightly worried that P&O might not have registered the payment.

I paid on line last week and although I didn't get an instant email confirming payment, I did get an updated booking confirmation the following day. This had been updated to show that I had now paid in full. I hope this helps. Rob

I paid on line last week and although I didn't get an instant email confirming payment, I did get an updated booking confirmation the following day. This had been updated to show that I had now paid in full. I hope this helps. Rob

This is correct. When you pay online, you will receive an email with an updated Booking Confirmation, showing your outstanding balance as nil.

If you buy a five quid item on Amazon and most other traders a confirming e mail is sent immediately.

P&O really need to get up to date.

David.

Hi David. P&O do send an email - it attaches an updated Booking Confirmation showing a nil balance. It's really very efficient.

Strangely, I've always received an updated Booking Confirmation when I've called P&O to query something, even if I haven't changed anything. For instance, recently I called them to ask if it was possible to alter something on a flight. It wasn't, so we left the booking unchanged. I received an email; I opened the attachment, which was an 'updated' Booking Confirmation, only to discover that nothing had changed (much to my relief) :confused:

Edited by NauticalMiss