Aft Jr. Suites on Explorer

We had 1394 in May for the second Alaskan cruise. I highly recommend it. The balcony was huge and very sheltered from the wind. No noise at all from the Windjammer or the connected stateroom.

c0e9eb65468d88170707f130d2f3bc9d.jpge35ce8f077b1c55888b62e00ff840a24.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by JoyMouse

We had an RFS on the Explorer and loved it. As the previous poster said, no noise and huge balcony. The balcony on the RFS is bigger than the JS but the JS one is also big. Only problem was - it was a long, long, long way from mid-ship - especially if you got to mid-ship and realised you had left something behind and you had your heels on:o

Enjoy.

Cheers

Di

We had an RFS on the Explorer and loved it. As the previous poster said, no noise and huge balcony. The balcony on the RFS is bigger than the JS but the JS one is also big. Only problem was - it was a long, long, long way from mid-ship - especially if you got to mid-ship and realised you had left something behind and you had your heels on:o

Enjoy.

Cheers

Di

This is SO true...a very long walk back and forth...we find it a pain, as we do a lot of back and forth during the day!

We had 1394 in May for the second Alaskan cruise. I highly recommend it. The balcony was huge and very sheltered from the wind. No noise at all from the Windjammer or the connected stateroom.

We had 1694 on Adventure and cant agree more.

These are as good as it gets in a Js

c0e9eb65468d88170707f130d2f3bc9d.jpge35ce8f077b1c55888b62e00ff840a24.jpg

We have 1394 on Adventure in 2017. Do you get any sun on the balcony? This will be our first Aft balcony and we are really looking forward to it.

We have 1394 on Adventure in 2017. Do you get any sun on the balcony? This will be our first Aft balcony and we are really looking forward to it.

I would say no sun unless you were sailing directly away from a sunrise/sunset. For sun, the RFS and deluxe Balconies on deck 9 were almost 100% sun (and with no privacy).

Here's an Australian mom's vlog that includes a tour of Explorer 1394. At time mark 17:30-20:00 she tours the cabin. The rest is interesting but in a "watching-a-family-get-ready-for-a-cruise" way. : )

Unless sun is a must have you will love this cabin.

Here's an Australian mom's vlog that includes a tour of Explorer 1394. At time mark 17:30-20:00 she tours the cabin. The rest is interesting but in a "watching-a-family-get-ready-for-a-cruise" way. : )

Unless sun is a must have you will love this cabin.

Thank you so much! I can find plenty of places to get sun on the ship, so no, it isn't a requirement!

.......Only problem was - it was a long, long, long way from mid-ship - especially if you got to mid-ship and realised you had left something behind and you had your heels on:o

Enjoy.

Cheers

Di

That's what hubby is for. :D