Voyager November 18 Teens ages 15 and up

justjack

First time cruiser here and would love some information. Leaving on the Voyager on the 18th of November. Traveling with a group of 19 people. My daughter who is 15 will also be going. She has cousins that are going ages 14 and up.

My concern: Since we will be out at sea for 3 days before we hit Labadee, will there be enough for her to do on ship? She is the type of girl who always has to have action or something to do. I would appreciate anyone's input on this.:o :o

Wow, keep a very close eye on her!!!! The teens all find a way of coming together and they do make some very close friendships. A lot of them have very little adult supervision as we found out on cruises with our sons.

My 14 year old neice and 16 year old nephew will be on this cruise. They are doing the five day to Bermuda first and then staying on for the repo cruise. Maybe they will meet up!

Lisa

I have 2 daughters (14 & 16) who have been with us on cruises. There is PLENTY to do on the ship during sea days. Most kids usually meet new friends at Teen Club early on in the week. We always ask to meet thier new friends . . . sometimes at lunch or dinner to make sure they are "OK." They have always had a blast & they have maintained contact with their cruise buddies.

We also had some very specific rules:

• No visitors (boys or girls) in their rooms
  • Back in their room (usually adjoining or very close) by 1 am
  • No visitors in their rooms!!
  • The 2 girls were to stay together at all times
  • They always accompanied us on excursions
  • We would have them check in with us every couple of hours
  • They always have dinner with us and are allowed to invite friends
  • If they "got in trouble" on the ship, they would be SOOOOO grounded for at least a couple of years and never go on a cruise with us in the future ;) . This makes them think twice before doing some of the stupid things you read about on this board!
  • They have a $100 limit on their Sea Pass and know if they "accidentally" overspend, it will come out of their allowance!
  • Did I mention no boys in their rooms???

Your kids will have a great time!!

First time cruiser here and would love some information. Leaving on the Voyager on the 18th of November. Traveling with a group of 19 people. My daughter who is 15 will also be going. She has cousins that are going ages 14 and up.

My concern: Since we will be out at sea for 3 days before we hit Labadee, will there be enough for her to do on ship? She is the type of girl who always has to have action or something to do. I would appreciate anyone's input on this.:o :o

Have not been on RCL but were on Carnival last April with a 16 yro boy. There was plenty to do for them, I think the best thing to do is to go the first night to the teen meet & mingle, I'm sure they have something like that for that age. My son met some great friends that he still talks too to this day!

That said,having a teenager & keeping a close eye on them can be hard on a cruise ship. I would keep really close taps on them & set rules they have to stick by. The most important one would be that they never walk around the ship alone!!! To me this really is the most important one, think about it , it's really a floating hotel. Actually even a little worse because people tend to drink more because there not worrying about drinking & driving.

Archived