Glacier Trek or Tracy Arm in Juneau?

jormot

My husband & I are trying to decide between these two excursions in Juneau. First time to Alaska for both of us. The Tracy Arm excursion would be a small boat trip via Allen Marine. Can anyone give me their thoughts on either or both of these options?

I guess it would depend on your interests and how much of your overall port time the tour takes. We were on the NCL Pearl and did the Allan Marine tour of Tracy Arm through the cruise line - it took the entire time we were in port - which was OK for us as it was our third time to Juneau. The Pearl also visits Glacier Bay so we did get a bit of glacier overload - but the only calving we saw was in Tracy Arm - but you never know.

It is also possible to do glacier trekking in Skagway as well as taking a dog sled ride while on top of a glacier ice field.

for more ideas take a look at http://www.cruiseportinsider.com

More details needed? How are you doing Tracy Arm??? From the cruise ship or round trip Juneau. What about the trek- fly in with Northstar? What "trek?" (level 3 is my only recommendation), or walk in, canoe in, with Above and Beyond?

BOTH are very worthwhile. I suggest you look at the - specific - details of each tour, then decide which is of the more interest. You can also, always, just flip a coin. :)