Recent Dawn cruisers: can I make an 11:15 flight?

We just got off the Dawn on 7/15 and the cab fare was $18.60. We waited till the last group to go off because our flight was at 3:30pm but if you could get priority disembarkation or walk off with your bags you could do it. I had the choice of the 11ish flight out but I didn't want to take the chance or be rushed.

The wait to get a cab was about 25-30 minutes for us as we were in line for quite a bit.. but we were also one of the last groups off the ship. We left the ship at 9:55am and was in the cab at 10:30 and in Logan by 11am so take that for what its worth. Not sure if busier earlier.

We did the water taxi from where the boat docked to downtown Boston. It was quite a trek to where we were picked up (and I had to call several times to get directions..not their fault..mine). And when we arrived at the appointed spot we waited quite a while for the water taxi to arrive. When they did get there they were more than helpful with luggage, etc. I just wouldn't feel comfortable doing it this way if we had been time constrained.

But we had lots of time before we needed to be at the airport so were dropped off downtown where they stored our luggage and we could spend our last vacation hours in Boston (love, love, love this city).

Then we were taken by the water taxi (at an appointed time) to a spot across the bay where we were picked up by an airport bus. Easy breezy...

I would spend some time exploring options. Unless you need your luggage stored for the day (or part of) I would think a cab from the port to the airport would make the most sense for you...

Cheers,

Sandy

I live in Boston. The cost someone posted earlier sounds about right. We sailed on the Dawn a few years ago and as someone mentioned, the lines for cabs can get very long. Uber would also be an option.

I would be wary of an 11:15 flight. It may be possible, but lines at Logan security can get very long. Why put that much stress on yourself immediately after a relaxing cruise. :)