Sailing Sunday - Sinus Infection

sanbixby

I woke up Friday with a horrible sinus infection and went to an urgent care center to make sure that was all it was. I was given meds (which I am faithfully taking) but I still have some postnasal drip that makes me cough. No fever or anything else and I feel sooo much better than last week.

What happens if I still am coughing Sunday? Will I need a dr. note saying it is just sinus related and not contagious? Because I will need to arrange for that in the next day or so.

We have family members with health issues that would be in dire straits if exposed to sick people so I would never go if I were at risk of infecting others (which is what prompted the urgent care visit to confirm the sinus diagnosis)

Maybe your urgent care doc can write a note for you....better safe than sorry. Although I am sure folks are not pulled out with a post nasal probably allergy/plane ride cough...bon voyage!!

Edited by sjn911

You'll be fine. Per the questionnaire :

Within the last 3 days, have you or any person listed above developed any symptoms of diarrhea or vomiting

Do you, or any person listed above, have a fever or feverishness PLUS one of the following additional symptoms: cough, runny nose or sore throat

If you answer yes then you will be assessed free of charge by a member of the shipboard medical staff. You will be allowed to travel unless you are suspected to have an illness of international public concern.

That's from CCLs questionnaire and policy

Edited by topspin1267

You will be fine to cruise. Colds and similar illnesses do not prevent anyone from cruising. In fact, I catch a cold every cruise. I just got off the Valor, and started having cold symptoms on day 3. When we printed out our cruise documents, it included a health questionnaire geared toward Ebola, but we were never asked for it.

Edited by cherbear4000

How are you getting to the cruise? Be very careful if flying as your ears could be plugged up. DD has had great success using AirBuds. They help with the change in air pressure. She buys them at CVS/RiteAid/Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How are you getting to the cruise? Be very careful if flying as your ears could be plugged up. DD has had great success using AirBuds. They help with the change in air pressure. She buys them at CVS/RiteAid/Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks...between Montana and Oregon I get many allergies..then praying for a good year...the fire smoke...I did not know of this option...hi and thanks!!:)

I woke up Friday with a horrible sinus infection and went to an urgent care center to make sure that was all it was. I was given meds (which I am faithfully taking) but I still have some postnasal drip that makes me cough. No fever or anything else and I feel sooo much better than last week.

What happens if I still am coughing Sunday? Will I need a dr. note saying it is just sinus related and not contagious? Because I will need to arrange for that in the next day or so.

We have family members with health issues that would be in dire straits if exposed to sick people so I would never go if I were at risk of infecting others (which is what prompted the urgent care visit to confirm the sinus diagnosis)

A cough alone should not be problematic. If you are afebrile then you shouldn't be contagious. I hope you can get lots of rest between now and Sunday so you'll feel well to enjoy your cruise.

Sorry you've been sick. Hope you feel better soon.

No...you don't need a note...just try not to cough as you're boarding! EVERYONE coughs occasionally...suck on a lozenges or cough drop as you board.

You aren't contagious and the salt air will help a LOT!